Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Almost another perfect game

We don't need more of mlb instant replay or challenges, only for homeruns.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    We don't need more of mlb instant replay or challenges, only for homeruns.
    When the umps don't screw up anymore, I will agree with you......
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    It's part of the game. God why don't we just change all the rules and the name of the game. Did they have replay back in the 1920's and before that. That was real baseball and now we have pretty much a watered down version. I'm sure we can come up with computers that show a ball and strike and get rid of the home plate umpire in all.

It's part of the game. God why don't we just change all the rules and the name of the game. Did they have replay back in the 1920's and before that. That was real baseball and now we have pretty much a watered down version. I'm sure we can come up with computers that show a ball and strike and get rid of the home plate umpire in all.
    A watered down version of baseball? You may as well stop now.
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

umps will always screw up once in awhile as they are human.

one bad call to first should not allow every throw to first to be disputed. what next, a guy releases for home too early and that is reviewable? should every third strike be reviewable? it would be hurt the game, imho. ump screw ups will always be a part of the game.

imho, umps just need to be reviewed more often so the bad umps can be replaced and be held accountable.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

I'm sure we can come up with computers that show a ball and strike and get rid of the home plate umpire in all.
    I would be all for that.

Especially the way umps have to call their own version of the strike zone and not call "balls & strikes" by the rule book.

How often do you have umps changing the strike zone from one game to the next?

Pitcher's have to adjust from one game to the next according to who the umpire is. Same with hitters.

I think there should be a standard strike for umpires to use and not their interpretation of the rule books.
    Thank you,
    David

dzscope at gmail dot com

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    umps will always screw up once in awhile as they are human.

one bad call to first should not allow every throw to first to be disputed. what next, a guy releases for home too early and that is reviewable? should every third strike be reviewable? it would be hurt the game, imho. ump screw ups will always be a part of the game.

imho, umps just need to be reviewed more often so the bad umps can be replaced and be held accountable.
    Not every call, as I said, give each manager two or three challenges per game......

Must be nice to be able to edit your own posts ......
    Thank you,
    David

dzscope at gmail dot com

They did not always have the technology available for it. Now that we do it is a discussion worth having. I think that the way they handle it football has added not taken away from the game.

I think that the strike zone should be left alone...but it sure would be nice to have a replay available for plays like this and balls trapped etc....a coach's challenge I think could be doable and not take away from the game. I personally dont think that the HR replays have, in fact Hamilton was robbed earlier this year when they felt they could rely on an umpires judgement alone.

Not every call, as I said, give each manager two or three challenges per game......

Must be nice to be able to edit your own posts ......
    Kinda like the NBA?

And it's nice that you are aware that I edited.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by STLHAMMER32 View Post
    They did not always have the technology available for it. Now that we do it is a discussion worth having. I think that the way they handle it football has added not taken away from the game.

I think that the strike zone should be left alone...but it sure would be nice to have a replay available for plays like this and balls trapped etc....a coach's challenge I think could be doable and not take away from the game. I personally dont think that the HR replays have, in fact Hamilton was robbed earlier this year when they felt they could rely on an umpires judgement alone.
    why not the strikezone? if you mess with the play at first, questioning a third strike is the next progression. its just bad for baseball imho.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com