Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Who are you most pleased by so far in the 2010 MLB season

Its a holiday weekend and unofficial start of summer, so I'm countering this other thread with something more positive...

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=35526

Who are you most pleased with?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Re: Who are you most pleased by so far in the 2010 MLB season

I'm staying home, so I'll start with Mike Aviles.

Aviles had a great spring hitting about .400 with lots of XBH. Apparently that was not enough to win a job, because the Royals had traded Teahen to the White Sox for Getz and Fields. Fields hit the DL in spring and is out for the season. So the Royals needed Getz to succeed in order to salvage the trade. Aviles was benched. Hillman gave Aviles (the hottest spring hitter) just 1 at bats in one start over the first week and half of the season. Mercifully and stupidly, Aviles was sent to AAA. About three-four weeks later Aviles was recalled. In the next 21 games he's hit .345 avg/.360 obp/.476 slug with at least one hit in 18 of the 21 games.

Its typical of the Royals, Aviles hit .325 his rookie year 2008 over 102 games, was out nearly all of 2009 with an elbow injury. And he's given no shot until a guy (Getz) with a career .254/.314/.324 goes on the 15day - even then it took 2 more weeks before Aviles was called up (when Gordon was sent down).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

As an O's fan I must say there are lots of disappointments this season, or hell, this decade.... but I've been plesantly surprised with the performance of Ty Winnington so far this season..... .575 SLG, 13 HR, 32 RBI (hard to get when nobody's on base)

I'll go with my favorite NL team the Cardinals with rookie 3B David Freese. David has been clutch so far this season wih runners in scoring position. The concern with him was defense coming into the season and he has really done well even making rolen-like barehanded plays.

For my AL team the Rangers, I'd have to say Vlad Guerrero.... .339 batting average, 12 Hrs and 42 RBI's....the numbers speak for themselves. Glad to see him injury-free again.

I'm a Jays fan, so very much biased here.

Jose Bautista -- 14 HRs leads the majors, and since last September, he's hit more HRs than anyone else in the majors.

Very nice surprise and a big reason why the Jays have hit the most HRs in all of baseball this season.
    ------------------------------------
    My Blue Jays Collection

Banned

Carlos Silva of the Cubs...6-0 in 2010 after being a bust with Seattle previously. The Milton Bradley trade looks better all the time...

Dave M.
    Chicago area

I think Guerrero gets my vote...

and Mike Leake.

Jose Batista from The Jays.He came out of nowhere And is Hitting Bombs like crazy.

Although many predicted it, i would say miguel cabrera. He is just raw hitter

Big Daddy Vladdy

And pretty surprising, as he looked like Gramps running around the bases last year. He is one of the most enjoyable guys to watch at the plate with his see ball, hit ball attitude.

Ben