Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Who are you most pleased by so far in the 2010 MLB season

From the Nationals, has to be Matt Capps as the top closer in the MLB and Josh Willingham with the bat and honorable mention to Pudge Rodriguez.

Ian Desmond is showing that he possibly could be in the top 5 for Rookie of the Year.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    From the Nationals, has to be Matt Capps as the top closer in the MLB and Josh Willingham with the bat and honorable mention to Pudge Rodriguez.

Ian Desmond is showing that he possibly could be in the top 5 for Rookie of the Year.
    I know you guys need a first baseman, but the way Willingham is playing...he giving the Nats some strong reasons not to pay Dunn top $$.
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Desmond is having a nice season, but with the NL class of ROY candidates, he doesn't have a chance. It's really up to Heyward, Garcia, Leake, Freese, Castro, and maybe down the line Strasburg, Posey, or Alvarez. Guys that are having nice rookie seasons, but really don't have a chance are Desmond, Davis, and Heisey.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    Desmond is having a nice season, but with the NL class of ROY candidates, he doesn't have a chance.
    I believe Mr. Lang said "top 5". I don't think he said "winner", or "lock", or anything like that.

But thank you for your expertise on the rookie scene.

I never said these were LOCKS, I said candidates which I believe top 5 would make someone a candidate right? Maybe, I'm off my rocker to think that, I don't know. Your sarcasm, as always is appreciated.

Martin Prado. Dude has been the best second baseman in the NL this young season. Other than Chase Utley, there is no one anywhere near him. Considering all the help Chase has in Philly versus the fact it has been the Prado and Heyward show this season in Atlanta, how can he not make the team?

In 49 games he is hitting .324, .454 SLG, 15 doubles, 4 HRs and 26 RBI

Odds are, Prado doesn't make the All Star game unless the Manager has more brains than the fans. I don't understand why the HOF takes All Star game appearences into consideration considering how little the average fan knows about the game, especially players outside their hometown. I think the time has come to have the teams selected by anyone other than fans. Hell, throw darts at the wall, pick names out of a hat, anything.

I'd even suggest placing all the names under pigeons in a cage and where ever the feces lands, they make the team. Even then, less players will be slighted than the current method.

OJ McDuffie was the best reciever in football in 1998. He led the league in receptions, had over 1000 yards for the only time in his career and was a formitable threat every time Marino threw him the ball. He didn't make the Pro Bowl because outside of Miami, no one knew he was more than a punt returner. Personally, I thought it was the biggest slight any of my teams had ever suffered. But if Martin Prado doesn't make the All Star game, it might be the biggest slight in the MLB this season.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Prado won't make the All-Star team because of his name and team. Heyward has a shot before him which is too bad because Prado is one of the best hitting second basemen in the game. He showed last year that he can hit, and sure enough this year he is even better. That's why though the ASG's rosters should not be up to the fans because the majority votes on popularity. That one of many reasons why I really could careless for the ASG.

Banned

I think unless he gets hurt or falls on his face Heyward will unamiously win the ROY. Stratsburg if he comes up will not have enough innings to get serious consideration, I think he will pitch in the bigs from around June 15th and they will essentially shut him down Sept. 1st to keep his innings count low. As for the Braves allstars Heyward is pretty close to a lock at this point, especially since not many NL outfielders are having allstar years and Wagner will go since it is his last year and managers love to pick closers and he has had a fairly good year. Prado is hurt by fact that Utley is a lock to start as always and they will probably only take one other second baseman.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmoozer View Post
    I believe Mr. Lang said "top 5". I don't think he said "winner", or "lock", or anything like that.
    Thanks for correctly reading what I wrote. Ian Desmond is showing that he possibly could be in the top 5 for Rookie of the Year.

The season is only about 1/3 over so there is a lot of baseball to be played and many Rookies still set to debut.

So with his list: Heyward, Garcia, Leake, Freese, Castro are on his current list, I certainly see the Possibility of Demond being among some of those names on my list.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

They should just give the All Star starts to the guys with the highest salary*population at their position. That's about the best correlation to be found in the fan vote. Select the backups on top performers based on OPS, RBI, Runs, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    Prado won't make the All-Star team because of his name and team. Heyward has a shot before him which is too bad because Prado is one of the best hitting second basemen in the game. That's why though the ASG's rosters should not be up to the fans because the majority votes on popularity. That one of many reasons why I really could careless for the ASG.
    Quote Originally Posted by gingi79 View Post
    Odds are, Prado doesn't make the All Star game unless the Manager has more brains than the fans. I think the time has come to have the teams selected by anyone other than fans. Hell, throw darts at the wall, pick names out of a hat, anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell