Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Who are you most pleased by so far in the 2010 MLB season

No question, Austin Kearns.

Austin Jackson and Miguel Cabrera are leading the Tigers in offensive categories....looking great!
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Banned

I think again it is too early to tell. I think Vlad is more a product of playing 1/2 his games in the Rangers' ballpark than anything else. If you notice alot of Rangers hot better with the Rangers than with other teams even those who appeared done. Last year it was Andruw Jones this year its Vlad and in 2008 it was Josh Hamilton.

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    No question, Austin Kearns.
    I've always been an Austin Kearns fan. Gritty player who gets it done.

Banned

As a mets fan though I must say I am thrilled with Mike Pelfrey so far as well as the asian player they just inserted into their rotation who has pitched lights out although I cannot spell his name lol. Rod Barajas also has done well and Ike Davis is looking good.

I have been pleased with the play of Adam Rosales for the A's. What a great pickup he has been especially with all of the injuries they have had. I also enjoy the fastest homerun trot in the majors!

I'd have to agree on Vlad. Like a lot of hitters he has a park he hits particularly well in, which has been the Rangers park. (However I've wondered how much of that was because he was hitting Rangers pitching which had been pretty weak over a lot of those years.) I would hardly list Hamilton as a nearly done player, he's under 30 and is hitting around .290 with 9 home runs. (A replay showed the umpires cost him his 10th this year when they ruled it a double instead of the home run it was ) And I could go through a list of older players the Rangers brought in over the last 10 years to DH who were complete busts, so don't credit everything Vlad is doing to the Rangers park.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cjclong View Post
    I'd have to agree on Vlad. Like a lot of hitters he has a park he hits particularly well in, which has been the Rangers park. (However I've wondered how much of that was because he was hitting Rangers pitching which had been pretty weak over a lot of those years.) I would hardly list Hamilton as a nearly done player, he's under 30 and is hitting around .290 with 9 home runs. (A replay showed the umpires cost him his 10th this year when they ruled it a double instead of the home run it was ) And I could go through a list of older players the Rangers brought in over the last 10 years to DH who were complete busts, so don't credit everything Vlad is doing to the Rangers park.
    I was not saying the park was the SOLE factor just that it was a major factor and I did not mean to say that Hamilton was nearly done just that upon becoming a Ranger he played much better than he did against weaker NL pitching the year before with the Reds. And yes some guys have been complete busts i.e. Richard Hidalgo. Vlad is a first ballot HOFer though so I don't mean to take anything away from him it is just I find the park effect riveting. Jayson Werth became a star in Philly's bandbox as another example. Or Johnny Damon hitting all those homers last year because of the short porch at the new Yankee Stadium. Or Juan Gonzalez being a beast in Texas then going to spacious Comerica and turning into a shell of how he hit the season before several years ago. Or Jason Bay going from a power hitter to a guy with three homers at Citifield.

One person I have been impressed with is Tyler Colvin. Now granted, his plate discipline leaves much to be desired, but for getting limited playing time, he is doing well and he has a great attitude. He is heard many times just saying he wants to help the team however he can. For a guy who gets 1 or 2 at bats in a game, he is throwing up numbers that may warrant more playing time: .319 avg., 5 homers, .652 Slg, in 69 at bats. I am hoping he becomes a starter and wins the NL ROY!

The Cincinnati Reds
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com