Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Phillies 2010 Winter Sale?

I will probably go to this, and while I can't make any promises, I certainly wouldn't mind keeping my eyes out for any items a forum member might want. Feel free to message me with your wants and budgets.

I have never been to one of these in the past...what types of items are usually for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by TJordan522 View Post
    I will probably go to this, and while I can't make any promises, I certainly wouldn't mind keeping my eyes out for any items a forum member might want. Feel free to message me with your wants and budgets.

I have never been to one of these in the past...what types of items are usually for sale?
    In terms of jerseys, some of the bigger name players offered last year would be Matt Stairs, Pedro Feliz, Chris Coste, Chad Durbin etc., and I believe they only had their batting practice jerseys ($80-100 on these names). I did not get any of these names. Do not expect Chase Utley, Ryan Howard, Jimmy Rollins, etc. at this. They might have some better game used bats to this nature, but I do not remember anything special last year, and they do not offer that many bats to begin with.

Just to give you an idea of some of the jerseys that I have bought in the last couple of years: Jason Jaramillo, Greg Legg, Rod Nichols, Rudy Seanez, Doug Mansolino, Brandon Watson, Wes Helms, Francisco Rosario, Dusty Wathan, Eude Brito, Julio Santana, etc. These could be batting practice or Home/Road jerseys that I bought. I have also gotten some St. Patrick's Day jerseys as well, and the quality of these players offered would be similar to above. It depends on what you want, but unless you follow the minor league affiliates very closely you probably will be disappointed.

One thing I will say on a positive note, I heard last year at this sale that the final game of the 2009 regular season the phillies had a "yard sale" event which I never heard of them doing before. At this event, I was told they had some better name players (Pat Burrell, etc.), but you had to pay cash. I did attend the final game of the 2010 regular season and I heard someone ask about this and the Phillies rep said that they were not doing that this year at the final game. Maybe they will have more available at the Holiday sale as a result.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by TJordan522 View Post

Other things that they sell would include: media guides, yearbooks from a variety of teams, nameplates, lineup cards ($100), autographed bats (MLB auth.), autographed balls (MLB auth.), etc. Two years ago Mitch Williams signed on Sunday, last year I believe Dickie Noles signed Saturday afternoon but I did not stay. Mitch Thompson signed his CD and Chris Wheeler signed his book last year. Expect to wait in line as well for an hour or two. They did have the WS Trophy on display two years ago as well -- I do not remember last year.

Hope this helps.

Chris

BUMP ... Anyone going? Can't make it but wanted to see if anyone can look for 1 or 2 items for me if they are going.

Thanks!
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

I'd also be interested in a couple of bats if someone is willing to help me out. It makes for one long drive from Hawaii, so I wont be going!

I went 2 years ago and I think they have a limit on how many bats you can buy. It may have been 1 or 2

I went last year and there was absolutely nothing worth buying....long line waiting to get to the game used area and it was quick exit after seeing what they had. Best part was seeing the phanatic as Santa.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by sctizzle View Post
    I went last year and there was absolutely nothing worth buying....long line waiting to get to the game used area and it was quick exit after seeing what they had. Best part was seeing the phanatic as Santa.

Scott
    As I said above, if you have any interest in what I mentioned above then it might be worth going....otherwise, what Scott says above best describes this event.

Chris

Well once again for the 3rd year in a row couldnt make it! Did anything get anything good? What was all there game used wise? Prices? Any polanco stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by bubbrubb25 View Post
    Well once again for the 3rd year in a row couldnt make it! Did anything get anything good? What was all there game used wise? Prices? Any polanco stuff?
    Bats were over-priced in my opinion.... They had $75 for Paul Bako, Cody Ransom, etc. Werth was $300, Greg Dobbs $175, JA Happ $175....I did not buy any game used bats as I felt they cost too much other than a mystery bat for $10 which had the player's name blotted out. They had some signed/team issued bats as well, but I did not focus that much on this area. Maybe somebody else can chip in....

Jerseys were cheaper: batting practice $30 and up, Home/Road and a few alternate were mainly $60, etc. No big names at all just spring training guys, coaches, etc. These are some of the names that I bought: Lou Marson, Sergio Escalona, Rodrigo Lopez, Jason Donald, Dave Huppert, Milt Thompson, Anthony Hewitt, Mike Cervenak, and J.J. Furmaniak. You can see the trend that all but Thompson and Hewitt were Ironpigs in 2009. This year the jerseys from 2009 are MLB authenticated as Team-Issued jerseys; in years past none were authenticated. I was also disappointed that I did not obtain any 2009 jerseys that had the WS patch on the sleeve, and I do not know if any existed.

They had nameplates for $20, lineup cards $25, some other jerseys in a different room for $200, yearbooks from other teams $2 (Yankees were $5), autographed hats and balls starting $5 and up (they lowered these 2 for $5 on Sunday on the $5 hats/balls and I bought some of these). They had some posters/banners etc. They also had some used batting helmets and cleats for sale. I did buy a Greg Dobbs signed authenticated 2008 WS ball for $25 which I thought was a pretty good deal.

Overall, not much different than the last two years. They had a limit on jerseys (4) and bats (2). I go to a lot of Ironpigs games so I can relate to the jerseys more, but most people would probably not be that interested in these players. More bats this year but I have obtained enough now that I tend not to want to pay a lot on bats. I do not remember seeing any Polanco stuff...this event tends to have guys that have left the team.

Hope this helps.

Chris