Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Banned

GFC Who got what?

What did everyone get from last night's GFC auction? What did everyone think of the prices? I got the Brandon Marshall which I found to be very reasonable probably only because with the trade Broncos collectors no longer want his stuff as much as they did when he was on the team and the Fins fans are waiting for Fins jerseys. I tried to bid on the Colston but could not because I waited until after 9 to try which sucks because that went for a really cheap price, which shocked me since they just won the Super Bowl. Most of the other prices realized were very strong though I noticed, especially Berra and Montana.

Re: GFC Who got what?

I couldn't bid on any items last night but I was very surprised to see that Dennis Johnson's Sonics NBA championship ring went for more then his '86 Celtics championship ring. Also very surprised to see how much Kevin Johnson's Phoenix Suns jersey went for ($4,393).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2007 View Post
    I couldn't bid on any items last night but I was very surprised to see that Dennis Johnson's Sonics NBA championship ring went for more then his '86 Celtics championship ring. Also very surprised to see how much Kevin Johnson's Phoenix Suns jersey went for ($4,393).
    Here is my theory on DJ rings. 1. DJ was MVP of the Finals with the Sonics. 2. The Sonics won one title and never can win one again since they no longer exist. The Celts won many titles. So there are more Celts rings that have or can hit the market then Sonics rings.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Here is my theory on DJ rings. 1. DJ was MVP of the Finals with the Sonics. 2. The Sonics won one title and never can win one again since they no longer exist. The Celts won many titles. So there are more Celts rings that have or can hit the market then Sonics rings.
    Excellent points. I have to agree

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Good points but considering that '86 Celtics team is arguably the greatest team of all-time and the Celtics have a much bigger fan base then the former Sonics I still find it a little surprising.

Hopefully the person who won the Sonics ring also won the '79 NBA finals MVP trophy so they can remain together.

I picked up the GU bats for Barry Larkin and Eddie Murray-happy with the additions.

Thanks, Ben

The McGwire 92 GU Helmet w/Oakland A's COA came home with me.

When was the last time you saw GU McGwire Helmet with GREAT documentation for sale?

Thats what I thought.

Next , i will take it with me to Philly next month when the Cards come in and try to get him to sign it.

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla777 View Post
    I picked up the GU bats for Barry Larkin and Eddie Murray-happy with the additions.

Thanks, Ben

Ben, you picked up that Larkin bat?!?!? Many I put in those final bids to get to where it was the day before and could not believe somebody else wanted a Larkin that bad also. After a month of waiting for that bat, I let go last night.

Did end up with a consolation price of the Barry Larkin road jersey.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Anyone get their stuff yet?
    Always looking for great bats from members of the Red Sox HOF.

I received my FB Jerseys last Wednesday and was extremely happy with everything!......No "Buyers Regret" in that Box!