Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Possible photomatch?

So I was looking through Jeff Scott's website today and noticed a picture he took of some Adam Wainwright bat knobs in 2007. I thought the one on the right looked really close to mine, so I got it out, and it seems to be the exact bat. My photo doesn't really show all the matches, but I think I have my first photomatch (even though it isnt a game or anything...just in his locker). Thanks for the website Jeff, it really came in handy today! Any thoughts?

Sorry about the red, it makes some of the things easier to see on my bat.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

Re: Possible photomatch?

I don't see any match on either of the bats.

Banned

I dont either

The one one right is a possible match. Just not certain with flash, can't see grain that well. But 5 looks same, with how it trails off on bottom and 0 has same extra ink on the top.

Granted my picture of the knob isn't the best but it isn't way too hard to see. Look at the bottom left of the bat. See the little hole in both bats. If you look in the bottom right you can see a pretty good ding in both bats in the exact same spot. The black dots all around the knob match up prefectly, but those are pretty tough to see in my picture and much easier to see in person. Look really close, because I didn't see it at first either.
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by indyred View Post
    The one one right is a possible match. Just not certain with flash, can't see grain that well. But 5 looks same, with how it trails off on bottom and 0 has same extra ink on the top.
    Yea the flash killed it. I'm going to try to get a better one a little later tonight.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

The one on the right is an exact match in my opinion. All of the various marks on the knob match up perfectly. I cant believe that you guys cant see them. Its dead on.

The 50 number looks the same. But the mark to the right is not the same in both pictures. On the left the 50 is much higher than the mark. On the right the 50 is even with the mark. At first i thought they were the same, but after i looked closer i could tell they were different. Nice bat though

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    The one on the right is an exact match in my opinion. All of the various marks on the knob match up perfectly. I cant believe that you guys cant see them. Its dead on.
    I was kinda surprised not many saw the match too. I realize my photo isn't the best, but it seems pretty dead on to me also.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Manram View Post
    The 50 number looks the same. But the mark to the right is not the same in both pictures. On the left the 50 is much higher than the mark. On the right the 50 is even with the mark. At first i thought they were the same, but after i looked closer i could tell they were different. Nice bat though
    I see what you're saying, but it's just the angle that the bat is at. With the different light/angle/distance it looks like it could be off. When you turn the knob perfect with the bat on the right, it lines up perfect.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com