Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your Favorites

Re: Your Favorites

Quote Originally Posted by slidekellyslide
    What is your favorite item in your collection? Or if you'd like to break it down by favorite glove, ball, uniform, bat, photo, et cetera that would be fine too.

Here's mine: 1910 Snapshot photo of Eddie Collins before a World Series game.....the fella in the background is dressed like Connie Mack, but I'm not sure if it's him or not.

I'm not really a vintage collector, or a collector of photos for that matter (I do have an extensive autograph collection of many HOFers) but that photo is awesome! I think it's really neat how it catches Collins in a candid moment with what looks like Connie Mack behind him (I blew the picture up and am pretty confident it is). I also love how the crowd is filing in and milling about. Neat photo!

Tim

That is an impressive collection of bats. Would love to see them.

This is my latest - just arrived from Mastro. Not necessarily my favorite, but it's up there near the top. Very happy with this addition.

http://www.geocities.com/vintagespor...ector/SUH.html

-Joe

Would love to see that Cobb bat Jboosted if we can. Joe that jersey is cool but that plaid one is awesome!

Clint

I too would like to see that Cobb bat...

Clint - Thanks. The plaid W&D is definetly one of my favorites.

I didn't want to leave anyone out. Mike that Piper bat is pretty cool, and Martin that Walter Johnson stuff is incredible. Slidekellyslide your picture doesn't show up for me but I'm sure it's neat as well. Joe, I've only seen one other plaid jersey and it's in a museum.

I'll try and post some more things later, what else does anyone have that is neat, pictures if you can. Clint.

Here's a link to the picture if it's not showing up for you.

http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...Anch=imgAnch23

Dan, thanks for the link that is a great photo. I'd kill to have one of those hats(Collin's, not Mack'Name:  rchapman.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  176.9 KBs). Your collection looks great as well. Here is one of my favorite photos, can anybody guess who the player on the right is?

Don't know who the player is, but that's a great photo. It's photos like that one that showcase the carnival like atmosphere that surrounded baseball at the time.

All great stuff guys ! Here is a recent addition, Winchester Baseball Jersey and Pants. Found a Winchester glove and a generic bat (until I find a Winchester Bat) and placed in a shadow box I bought at a flea market. I think it has a great look.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !