Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
I'm starting to lose my trust in Steiner, and I will no longer buy anything with a Steiner hologram UNLESS it's photomatched (all my Steiner stuff is photomatched so I don't have to worry about it).

A few days ago I helped a forum member declare that his Jeter home jersey that was supposed to be direct from Steiner isn't real. It had the matching holograms and the LOA, so nothing appeared wrong, until I attempted to photomatch the jersey to the timeframe it was worn (which was a 2-month period). I checked photos and video from every game and couldn't find it. He was also looking at an Alex Rodriguez game worn jersey and I did the same research on that jersey and couldn't find a match for it either! I checked every single game....no match could be made. There's just too many fakes that Steiner is selling. They're becoming the new Lou Lampson with their authentication.

And in regards to Steiner selling game issued jerseys; I believe they should mark the jersey with ANYTHING that can't be tampered with. I remember I once saw a Nolan Ryan jersey that was a Scoreboard jersey from 1989, and Nolan signed the jersey with the inscription "this is not my jersey". Probably the best inscription I've ever seen. Game issued jerseys need to be tagged in a special way to identify them easier. Would it really hurt them to write "GI" somewhere on the inner part of the jersey?
Were the Jeter and ARod jerseys directly from Steiner or were these on the secondary market (meaning somebody may have tampered with holograms). This is troubling no matter how you slice it, but it would be helpful to clarify the origins of the purchase.