Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

GU Jersey Signing Crisis...Averted

I am down in Viera, FL at Washington Nationals camp for a few days and was getting my 2009 GU Ian Desmond Home jersey (courtesy of Andrew) signed on Friday when someone came up and started talking to Ian and he started signing my jersey without looking at it and photo #1 was the result, this was my nightmare come true! Well, on Saturday after three treatments with a clorox bleach pen photo #2 was the result. Today, I caught Ian walking into practice and asked him to sign the jersey and he smiled, came running over and took a look at the jersey and was relieved his botched signature came out and photo #3 is what the jersey now looks like. Thank goodness he messed up on the white part of the jersey!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: GU Jersey Signing Crisis...Averted

Quote Originally Posted by markfd View Post
    I am down in Viera, FL at Washington Nationals camp for a few days and was getting my 2009 GU Ian Desmond Home jersey (courtesy of Andrew) signed on Friday when someone came up and started talking to Ian and he started signing my jersey without looking at it and photo #1 was the result, this was my nightmare come true! Well, on Saturday after three treatments with a clorox bleach pen photo #2 was the result. Today, I caught Ian walking into practice and asked him to sign the jersey and he smiled, came running over and took a look at the jersey and was relieved his botched signature came out and photo #3 is what the jersey now looks like. Thank goodness he messed up on the white part of the jersey!
    Nightmare averted! Way to go! Glad it worked out so well. My guess is Ian Desmond won't forget you any time soon. LOL
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Not nearly as dramatic a story...but a while back, I was having Mark Reynolds sign one of his old Lancaster JetHawks jerseys, and I asked him to sign a particular spot on the logo with a gold paint pen. I can't recall right now what color that part of the logo was, but I thought it would turn out fine; instead, his sig just vanished, like it had been written with disappearing ink. He and I both just stared at it openmouthed for a few seconds, like we'd seen a magic trick; then he suggested a different place to sign, and it came out just fine.

The miracles of bleach pens, glad that one turned out good for you!
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.