Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Banned

Re: MEARS Mumbo-Jumbo?

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    MEARS doesn't have to read this forum, no one makes any auction house read this forum. I'm sure they know about this discussion, but they do not have to come to this forum to respond.

We do not know who or how much this jacket was bought for. We do not know if they were contacted or if the seller was contacted and reneged on an eBay deal.
    Um, you may want to read this http://www.network54.com/Forum/42624...hooting+Jacket
    Here is part of it:
    "To begin with, I feel that contacting the E-Bay seller and offering $4,000 if the transaction fails to go through for an item that had just been sold for $200, baited the seller into canceling the transaction. The jacket was listed on E-Bay, and as a public selling forum well known to MEARS personnel, MEARS personnel had a chance to bid and win the item within the spirit and intent of both E-Bays policy and the ethical guidelines that MEARS personnel are to buy product under. This did not happen and I can offer no excuse or justification for this nor will I attempt to as I was not invloved in the purcahse."

That is some pretty damning stuff from Grob. Wow!

Banned

Do I feel that Mears should have done more research on the jacket before putting it in their auction? Absolutely..

But Im really disappointed that someone from the Mears staff contacted the Ebay seller AFTER the auction was completed and offered them more money for the jacket. I'd be upset if I was the original winner indeed. If Mears won an Ebay auction and then someone came in afterwards and offered 5 times that, I'd bet Mears would be really upset. On the other hand, when you purchase something off of Ebay, thats a contract. A contract that says you HAVE to pay for that item. The same kind of contract Mears has when you win one of their auctions. The fact Mears broke that contract with another member on Ebay, completely contradicted themselves on all levels. Its ok to for them to break rules elsewhere(ebay), but dont expect to break their rules on their site!

Not cool on Mears' part. Makes them look really bad all around. Very disappointed...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
    I'm not sure what your point is. First, we agree they are likely aware of this forum and discussion, as two of their high-profile people have already responded, one contacting Chris directly, and the other deciding to make a major adjustment in his involvement with the company.

We also agree they don't have to come to this forum to respond..... But since the members of this forum are either customers or potential customers of their items or services, one would think it would be worth their time to give some sort of explanation. Let's put it this way: Dave and Dave thought so.

Sometimes silence is the loudest response of all.
    I don't blame you or anyone else. The whole situation is very confusing to me also. I would use some caution, but not much more than usual. Prior to this situation this company has an amazing certification record.

One Dave I do not believe works for MEARS Auctions and the other Dave it appears is quitting if I understood his post. They replied, but the main player has not and I am not going to ask him why - Call him or email him if you really want to hear answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravesfan View Post
    Um, you may want to read this http://www.network54.com/Forum/42624...hooting+Jacket
    Here is part of it:
    "To begin with, I feel that contacting the E-Bay seller and offering $4,000 if the transaction fails to go through for an item that had just been sold for $200, baited the seller into canceling the transaction. The jacket was listed on E-Bay, and as a public selling forum well known to MEARS personnel, MEARS personnel had a chance to bid and win the item within the spirit and intent of both E-Bays policy and the ethical guidelines that MEARS personnel are to buy product under. This did not happen and I can offer no excuse or justification for this nor will I attempt to as I was not invloved in the purcahse."
    "This did not happen..." - Was he saying this didn't happen or did he mean this shouldn't happen?

This forum accused an individual of being the buyer, who said they weren't. I wonder if Dave Grob was quoting Robert to know of this transaction or if he had discussed with with Troy before making these statements.

I am just confused as by MEARS not replying, I wonder if Dave Grob confirmed what he wrote with Troy as being true. Could the eBay seller have contracted MEARS about buying the item and they offered $4000.00 not knowing it was listed on eBay? No one has addressed this possibility - Just a flat out accusation that they contacted the seller and offered him twenty times the sale price.

Could be true, but Dave Grob didn't verify this, he just repeated what Robert had accused the wrong person of doing. If it is confirmed that MEARS attacked an honest sale through eBay, shame on them as we would never approve of such activity. Yes, a statement from Troy would be nice, but after some comments in this discussion they may not be reading this thread anymore. Even if they are, they may feel replying not to be the answer.

I keep saying, if anyone is really concerned, the MEARS contact phone numbers can be found on their auction web site. Call them and ask for answers. I think we would all love to hear them.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    I don't blame you or anyone else. The whole situation is very confusing to me also. I would use some caution, but not much more than usual. Prior to this situation this company has an amazing certification record.

One Dave I do not believe works for MEARS Auctions and the other Dave it appears is quitting if I understood his post. They replied, but the main player has not and I am not going to ask him why - Call him or email him if you really want to hear answers.

"This did not happen..." - Was he saying this didn't happen or did he mean this shouldn't happen?

This forum accused an individual of being the buyer, who said they weren't. I wonder if Dave Grob was quoting Robert to know of this transaction or if he had discussed with with Troy before making these statements.

I am just confused as by MEARS not replying, I wonder if Dave Grob confirmed what he wrote with Troy as being true. Could the eBay seller have contracted MEARS about buying the item and they offered $4000.00 not knowing it was listed on eBay? No one has addressed this possibility - Just a flat out accusation that they contacted the seller and offered him twenty times the sale price.

Could be true, but Dave Grob didn't verify this, he just repeated what Robert had accused the wrong person of doing. If it is confirmed that MEARS attacked an honest sale through eBay, shame on them as we would never approve of such activity. Yes, a statement from Troy would be nice, but after some comments in this discussion they may not be reading this thread anymore. Even if they are, they may feel replying not to be the answer.

I keep saying, if anyone is really concerned, the MEARS contact phone numbers can be found on their auction web site. Call them and ask for answers. I think we would all love to hear them.
    I believe him saying "this did not happen" was in response to the sentence right before that, "The jacket was listed on E-Bay, and as a public selling forum well known to MEARS personnel, MEARS personnel had a chance to bid and win the item within the spirit and intent of both E-Bays policy and the ethical guidelines that MEARS personnel are to buy product under."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cigarman44 View Post
    I believe him saying "this did not happen" was in response to the sentence right before that, "The jacket was listed on E-Bay, and as a public selling forum well known to MEARS personnel, MEARS personnel had a chance to bid and win the item within the spirit and intent of both E-Bays policy and the ethical guidelines that MEARS personnel are to buy product under."
    Where is Chris Nerat to do some investigating? Oh he stopped writing and went to Texas.

Too much speculation here. Someone pick up the phone and get some real answers.

Could the eBay seller have contracted MEARS about buying the item and they offered $4000.00 not knowing it was listed on eBay? No one has addressed this possibility
    That's probably what happened. Thanks for floating another possible scenario that everyone missed.

It's also possible that Joel was one of the Simpson jurors. In fact, I've not seen any evidence to suggest he wasn't.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by otismalibu View Post
    That's probably what happened. Thanks for floating another possible scenario that everyone missed.

It's also possible that Joel was one of the Simpson jurors. In fact, I've not seen any evidence to suggest he wasn't.
    Jessica or OJ? I'll give you a clue, I have not been to Las Vegas in three years if that helps.

I highly doubt that this Ebay seller decided after the fact of selling it on Ebay for only $200 that it was worth more and then decided to contact MEARS and offer it to them for $4k. Think about it, if the seller thought it was worth more they would have put a reserve on it or if they found it it was worth more during the auction they would have cancelled the auction before it ended. I am sure that this seller was floored when they were offered 20 times the price than what they just sold it for on Ebay.

If I was the winning bidder on Ebay, I would contact the circuit clerk in the county that the seller resides in and file a claim in small claims courts for the amount that MEARS sold the jersey for. Small claims in some states will let you file a claim up to $6k before it turns to civil court, it just depends on the state. Some states even let you file the claim through the mail but you would just have to appear for the court date.

Could the eBay seller have contracted MEARS about buying the item and they offered $4000.00 not knowing it was listed on eBay? No one has addressed this possibility That's probably what happened. Thanks for floating another possible scenario that everyone missed.

Quote Originally Posted by rose14 View Post
    Could the eBay seller have contracted MEARS about buying the item and they offered $4000.00 not knowing it was listed on eBay? No one has addressed this possibility That's probably what happened. Thanks for floating another possible scenario that everyone missed.
    Actually I contacted the seller thru ebay asking who they sold it tomnand they stated that it was not their jacket, see my post, they stated - "The jacket I had turned out to be a fake. Not mine". obviously it appears they are lying for fear of any reprisal.

Dave