Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

HGH Testing is a Reality!

Okay, so a rugby player got banned in the first known test for HGH. This could be groundbreaking to really set the the game on an even playing field as this is probably the last substance that an athlete could use for an artificial boost to add muscle mass that had been thought to be undectable by any blood or urine test.

Now lets see if it truly is accurate, and if baseball will start using the test.

I for one believed that some athletes with the right resources were able to cycle off of anabolic steroids and step over to HGH since there were no known tests.

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog...3dolney_buster
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Re: HGH Testing is a Reality!

Albert Pujols just wet himself!

Quote Originally Posted by Bondsgloves View Post
    Well, you knew this day was going to come sooner than later. Technology is a wonderful thing.

I seriously think the number of players that are cheating is very very small now. Like I said before, you have to have very good resources to get your hands on HGH and most know that it is easiest found outside of the US.

This is the final straw for any of the cheaters. I can't wait for this to be debated with the Player's Union and hope they can implement immediately.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

While this is a step in the right direction to clean up sports, it's just another example of the testing being years behind the time the banned substance was initially used. Newly created substances that are subsequently used by athletes will always be ahead of the technology used to detect them. This will be a cat-and-mouse game that will go on until the penalties get even harsher, like a "one strike your out" rule.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Always looking for vintage game used bats of Houston Buffs and Colt .45's players.

Bonds was proven guilty. What good does it do to speculate on other players until they too are proven guilty. Must really make watching baseball tough for some people.

Albert has done lots of great things for baseball - as a player, and off the field. He's come out and said TEST ME. What more do you want? If A-rod can get busted and Manny can get caught, then why hasn't someone come forward with proof that Albert did something wrong?

I hope they do start testing for HGH so that Albert can finally be exonerated...

If Albert tested positive anywhere and any time, it would be too big of a story to leave dormant. If someone had something, they would have leaked it by now - after his third MVP award. What are they waiting for?

This reminds me of the 'witch hunt' on Dale Murphy back in the 80's. He was a great player, worshiped God and did things the right way...but there was always a handful that thought he was too good to be true. They found nothing.

Bring on the HGH testing. Start with the St. Louis clubhouse.
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Correct me if I am wrong but havent they always had the ability to test for HGH using blood samples? If they can do it using urine samples then I could see MLB implementing it as well.

Problem is players will move on to the next thing that becomes available. Scientists create either new methods or make them undetectable through masking and plenty of other tweaks.

Personally I think we should take all the congressional time, scientific time and get a cure for cancer. Something that takes lives each and everyday and has affected either directly or indirectly every one of us and the players and etc...the cheaters will always be able to find a new method of cheating, its been this way since the beginning of sports. Players will always look for the 'edge', it's just the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by STLHAMMER32 View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but havent they always had the ability to test for HGH using blood samples?
    4 years ago a Doctor told me that HGH was not conclusively testable even by a blood sample so my guess is the tests have gotten closer to being 100%.

Now they are saying they can accurately tell. This will get interesting!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by bigtruck260 View Post
    Bonds was proven guilty. What good does it do to speculate on other players until they too are proven guilty. Must really make watching baseball tough for some people.

Albert has done lots of great things for baseball - as a player, and off the field. He's come out and said TEST ME. What more do you want? If A-rod can get busted and Manny can get caught, then why hasn't someone come forward with proof that Albert did something wrong?

I hope they do start testing for HGH so that Albert can finally be exonerated...

If Albert tested positive anywhere and any time, it would be too big of a story to leave dormant. If someone had something, they would have leaked it by now - after his third MVP award. What are they waiting for?

This reminds me of the 'witch hunt' on Dale Murphy back in the 80's. He was a great player, worshiped God and did things the right way...but there was always a handful that thought he was too good to be true. They found nothing.

Bring on the HGH testing. Start with the St. Louis clubhouse.
    There are quite a few players left on the witch hunt and it isn't fair to Albert or anyone to speculate. That is why a HGH test will get rid of the last banned substance that athletes can use to artificially get ahead and put an end to this.

Even the designer steroids are not good enough now because they now can test the masking drugs.

Also of note is Hank Aaron's nice comments about McGwire this week and about forgiving and moving ahead.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Do you have proof Albert has or is still using anything such as HGH?
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

Everyone said the same stuff when I said Arod was a user before he admitted it. Everyone jumped down my throat when I said Manny was a user before any of the news came out.

Lets be real, any guy who has put up major power numbers the last 5 years. The guy is beast. Not a chance he's clean.

Please look at my prior post about Manny and Arod.

I'm a Giants season ticket holder and my seats are right behind the plate and the seats next to mine are reserved for visiting scouts. You wouldn't believe the things they tell me. They new all this crap was coming down before it did.