Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

What "qualifies" as a "real photomatch"?

Hi everyone,

So in looking at the Sheffield possible photmatch thread...it got me looking at my stuff, and I had posted a possible photomatch for my 2008 Jed Lowrie bat and most thought it was close but did not qualify as a match....what is the qualification boundary as to when it can be considered a "true photmatch"?

Opinions....as there are so many members who have so many more years of experience than I do (yet another reason why I love this site!)

Thanks

Jeremy
    macleodjeremy@hotmail.com

Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: What "qualifies" as a "real photomatch"?

I think a true photomatch is just that. A photomatch. Your item has some characteristic(s) that match up exactly with what is seen in a photo from a game and there are no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

I have a couple of items that I know for sure are the same as what I'm looking at in a photo but it would be hard to call them definite photomatches. It's easier to see things when you have the item in your hand and you know exactly what it is your looking at. Sometimes it's hard to get others to see exactly what it is you are seeing especially with minor details if your camera like mine doesn't always take the greatest pics.

So other than Getty and AP, where else can i find game pictures to try to match?

jeremy
    macleodjeremy@hotmail.com

Banned

Get a MLB.com account and you'll find a video of the game, then take a screen capture.

I have one, but do I need to buy the MLBTV option?

Yes, you need to purchase MLB.tv. What if you know there is only one uniform made like a minor league jersey, would that qualify as a match despite not having any distinct marks? Would the same apply for a MLB TBTC uniform that was worn for one game?

Sox -

Here's an example of a TRUE (or REAL) Photomatch - my 1st one. I got lucky that the photo was widely distributed - and that pinstripe jerseys are like matching fingerprints... the odds of any two being identical are astronomical.

Anyway, here's my Giambi Jersey:

As was stated earlier, I can pinpoint these exact matches on the number and top button placement.

Hope this helps -

Chris

I posted several capitals sticks photomatches, mostly ovechkin. They are what i consider to be true photomatches, where u can clearly see him using the item in game play to a hi resolution photo. They are not just a picture of him using a similar item, its clearly the exact item. In the "post your photomatched items" post i saw alot of people posting items that didnt show any type of photomatching