Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Terry Bradshaw possible gamer (Jersey 2/5)

Quote Originally Posted by apujols04
    what is piling?

how do I search for turf burns?

should I wash the jersey to find out if the stains come out?
    NO don't wash it! Leave it as is...just use your best judgement when it comes to wear...does it look worn to you? Does the dirt and grime appear to be manufactured?? Afterall, the Steelers wore their black jersey's predominatly at home on ARTIFICIAL TURF!! No dirt and grime can come from that!! Again, just keep as is and enjoy it in your collection...

Quote Originally Posted by hof89
    Authenticators charge fees and based upon what has been said in this forum, there are alot of question swith it. I do think there is a chance that an authenticator could say it's good and then want to buy it from you and have it end up in some auction house going for big $$$. As for your questions...is it from '77, or pre-season '78 or from whenever, again is SPECULATION. If you have to keep asking questions, that you're trying to convince yourself that it's something it's not. Just enjoy it as a nice vintage authentic Bradshaw jersey...
    Thanks again. i do wish I knew what his first preseason jersey in 1978 looked like. I would pay to see pics from that game. Either way it is a unique jersey. I like the idea that the Steelers may have given out this jersey as well. It would be cool if that was the case.

I'll keep my eyes open for you, but I'm not sure if preseason pics from 1978 are around! Again, ALL the pictures I have seen have that extra material after the sleeves striping. Good luck in whatever you do!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hof89
    I'll keep my eyes open for you, but I'm not sure if preseason pics from 1978 are around! Again, ALL the pictures I have seen have that extra material after the sleeves striping. Good luck in whatever you do!!!
    HOF89,

What would be a good sell price based on FMV for this jersey if I was able to get Terry Bradshaw to sign it with the 4x SB Champs and HOF inscriptions? Is it legal/ethical for me to sell this jersey or even get it signed?

The bradshaw and unitas jersey have been sold as not game used but authentic jerseys. If anyone is interested in the staubach jersey for a similar deal please let me know.

Pujols
    I don't want to cockblock the buyer of your Bradshaw...but damn dude what was your hurry to sell?? Do you have an eBay account? When this jersey is for sale at a Major auction house, you might have regrets. No one spoke up with more information, 'cause they want the jersey for themselves! Do you think you received offers because these folks wanted an original "throwback"? I hate to come across as salty, but you sold this dream about "nice to have", "great addition to my collection", "these people wanted someone younger, who appreciates jerseys, to own them". I'm going back to my original response to your threads..."this is a joke".

I knew I just had to wait a minute to get a straight answer..I will not get conned into selling anything I own without showing to 2 or 3 authenticators. If somebody wants these jerseys, they must agree to me writing "not game used" onto the jersey. I will share where I received this tip, not to mention the legal ramifications of me selling a "like game used" jersey which somebody can attempt to tamper with. You sure did act completely honest in this situation.....exactly the problem people claim with the "game-used" industry. Nothing should be sold without a few atttempts and opinions on authenticity, and people should sell items with more than 1 letter like MEARS and LAMPSON together. And in addition, if I sell anything that is shown to not be authentic, I will write "not game used" on an appropriate place on the jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard
    Pujols
    I don't want to cockblock the buyer of your Bradshaw...but damn dude what was your hurry to sell?? Do you have an eBay account? When this jersey is for sale at a Major auction house, you might have regrets. No one spoke up with more information, 'cause they want the jersey for themselves! Do you think you received offers because these folks wanted an original "throwback"? I hate to come across as salty, but you sold this dream about "nice to have", "great addition to my collection", "these people wanted someone younger, who appreciates jerseys, to own them". I'm going back to my original response to your threads..."this is a joke".
    So what is the joke.....me saying I really wanted and appreciated these jerseys? I told the sellers that if they were something special, I would do something nice for them. The reason being, I spent most of my savings on these 5 jerseys, and they know I may need to sell a couple. I entertained offers to sell them as throwbacks b/c I was out a lot of money if they are all fakes. Someone wants to pay $2000 for a throwback and wants it unwashed and with the 78 tag intact (even though it leaves it possible to commit fraud). Nothing I sell should be left open for possible fraud.

From Gameworn.net

http://www.gameworn.net/selling.html

STEP #7 I believe is the right thing to do with proven (by multiple authenticators) fake jerseys.

here we go.....a photo which proves a black steelers jersey can get dirty...

Name:  bradshawSI.JPG
Views: 177
Size:  28.8 KB