Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Terry Bradshaw possible gamer (Jersey 2/5)

Another 1978 shot of Bradshaw....see the extra material after the sleeve striping????
    Attached Images Attached Images  

you Are Right. My Jersey Does Not Have That Additional Cloth On The End Of The Sleeve. Are You Sure They Had That Additional Cloth From Game #1 All The Way Through The Super Bowl On The Steelers 1978 Jerseys?

Every photo I have referenced has had that extra material...

So That Makes My Jersey A Store Model, A Fake, Or A 1977 Jersey Carried Over To 1978 With A New Year Patch Which He Never Ended Up Using. Is It Possible This Is A 1977 Gamer? LOOKING AT THE 1978 TAG'S STITCHING ON THE BAG, IT DOES APPEAR THAT THERE MAY HAVE POSSIBLY BEEN A DIFFERENT YEAR TAG ON THERE AT ONE TAG. I NEED TO FIND SOME GOOD BRADSHAW PHOTOS (POSSIBLE PHOTO MATCH) FROM 1977 TO MAKE SURE IS ISN'T FROM THAT YEAR (1977) BEFORE I SELL IT TO THE HIGHEST EMAIL OFFER.

I can't answer that question and anyone who can would be offering up pure speculation. This may have been a blank jersey lettered up by the team and given as a gift to someone, it's just simply unknown??? That's the problem with vintage Steeler jerseys....there are SO MANY questions with them!!! Again, I would say that its a RARE vintage jersey, which doesn't stand on it's own based up just looking what the jersey claims to be...

Quote Originally Posted by hof89
    I can't answer that question and anyone who can would be offering up pure speculation. This may have been a blank jersey lettered up by the team and given as a gift to someone, it's just simply unknown??? That's the problem with vintage Steeler jerseys....there are SO MANY questions with them!!! Again, I would say that its a RARE vintage jersey, which doesn't stand on it's own based up just looking what the jersey claims to be...
    So you would say there is no point to show it to an authenticator/auction house? I don't know for sure that this is not a 1977 jersey. I hope I can find out more info about the jersey but I guess it is highly unlikely a 1978 gamer unless it was used in the preseason or something before they added the length to the arms. thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by apujols04
    So That Makes My Jersey A Store Model, A Fake, Or A 1977 Jersey Carried Over To 1978 With A New Year Patch Which He Never Ended Up Using. Is It Possible This Is A 1977 Gamer? LOOKING AT THE 1978 TAG'S STITCHING ON THE BAG, IT DOES APPEAR THAT THERE MAY HAVE POSSIBLY BEEN A DIFFERENT YEAR TAG ON THERE AT ONE TAG. I NEED TO FIND SOME GOOD BRADSHAW PHOTOS (POSSIBLE PHOTO MATCH) FROM 1977 TO MAKE SURE IS ISN'T FROM THAT YEAR (1977) BEFORE I SELL IT TO THE HIGHEST EMAIL OFFER.
    I have numerous photos of the Steelers/Bradshaw from 1970's and the problem lies with the quality of the photos from that era being to "grainy", but it doesn't hurt to look!
    Questions:
    1.) The stains on the #'s...are they imbedded in the jersey or could they potetially wash out?
    2.) Is there any pilling of material in the shoulders arm area?
    3.) Does the jersey appear to be heavily worn? Any turf burns?

Quote Originally Posted by hof89
    I have numerous photos of the Steelers/Bradshaw from 1970's and the problem lies with the quality of the photos from that era being to "grainy", but it doesn't hurt to look!
    Questions:
    1.) The stains on the #'s...are they imbedded in the jersey or could they potetially wash out?
    2.) Is there any pilling of material in the shoulders arm area?
    3.) Does the jersey appear to be heavily worn? Any turf burns?
    what is piling?

how do I search for turf burns?

should I wash the jersey to find out if the stains come out?

I don't have the experience to understand what I am looking for. Nothing is standing out to me as obvious except for the extreme amount of dirt and grime on the #'s. I can't even pick out what is good game use.

Quote Originally Posted by apujols04
    So you would say there is no point to show it to an authenticator/auction house? I don't know for sure that this is not a 1977 jersey. I hope I can find out more info about the jersey but I guess it is highly unlikely a 1978 gamer unless it was used in the preseason or something before they added the length to the arms. thanks again!
    Authenticators charge fees and based upon what has been said in this forum, there are alot of question swith it. I do think there is a chance that an authenticator could say it's good and then want to buy it from you and have it end up in some auction house going for big $$$. As for your questions...is it from '77, or pre-season '78 or from whenever, again is SPECULATION. If you have to keep asking questions, that you're trying to convince yourself that it's something it's not. Just enjoy it as a nice vintage authentic Bradshaw jersey...