Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Terry Bradshaw possible gamer (Jersey 2/5)

Quote Originally Posted by hof89
    [quote from apujols04]Here are the pics from the Bradshaw 1977 "gamer" in the AMI auction LOT#10. i don't think AMI will mind me posting this pic as i am a supporter of their company and their authenticator. As they continue to try and get their payments to consignors out in a consistent timeframe, they will continue to be one of the best places (in my opinion) to get good money for your stuff. what they have done to assist in showing the true value in the Mantle market with their connections to good stuff is unreal! My pics will follow.

This is the individual with the Musial, Unitas, Bradshaw and Staubach vintage jersey’s whose claiming he doesn’t know what he has with these jerseys. but he’s the authenticator of jerseys for AMI???? Am I missing something here? What type of scam is he pulling with all of us??? Moreover, if he’s linked to AMI, then something is DEFINITLEY wrong!!!!!
    WHAT?? I LEFT THE S OFF OF AUTHENTICATOR. I MEANT TO TYPE I AM A SUPPORTER OF THEIR AUTHENTICATORS....ESPECIALLY PSA/DNA AND JIM SPENCE. I DO KNOW THAT LAMPSON IS PRETTY DANG GOOD AT WHAT HE DOES FROM WHAT I HEAR WHEN IT COMES TO FOOTBALL. I said I know that AMI has a Bradshaw jersey in their auction and I felt that they would not care if I posted pics of their jersey as I have consigned autographed items ONLY to them in the past. These are the first 5 possible gamers I have ever owned excluding an Isaac Bruce from my dad and a SIU carbondale basketball signed gamer from a close friend of mine who made it to the sweet 16 with SIU. i have no connestion with AMI except for respecting the quality of their autographed items. I am solely an autograph collector---until now! I do not work with AMI or for AMI. PERIOD. I am just impressed with their autographed items over all other auction companies.

Quote Originally Posted by apujols04
    The questions/concerns I have about my jersey:

1. The sandknit tag appears to have been affixed on by some way other than sewn on as you can see in the pic I am posting. Is this correct? Or would it have been sewn on 100% of the time?

2. I think the jersey may have a "team repair" The p[ossible repair is what you see above the tags.

3. I have no knowledge of Steelers jerseys. How do the nameplate and sleeves look? I was told in a previous post that this jersey was missing a tag, but the AMI jersey has only 1 tag as well (not including the year tags). However, my year tag matches closely to AMI's bradshaw year tag.

The pics.....
    Cons:
    1.) With the jersey turned inside out, the nameplate appears to be sewn on crooked...is that true?
    2.) If there was a Steeler Exclusive Sand Knit tag there at one point, the glue residue should be there, unless these tags were added after the fact.
    3.)Why are so many of the supposedly used 70's Steelers jerseys always missing the Steelers Exclusive tags??? The size seems to always be there, but not the Steelers Exclusive tag....hmmn????
    4.) Something that is only attributed to '78 Steelers jerseys that were worn by Bradshaw doesn't exist on this one.....
    5.) Wide zig zag stitching...Steelers and most other teams had a tight stitching on their numerals and I heard that directly from Mr. Lou Lampson...

Pros:
    1.) Jersey length...
    2.) Correct size and Sand Knit size and year tag.

I am just responding to your post...did I read it incorrectly?

I am just responding to your post...did I read it incorrectly?
    I left the s off of authenticators. I meant to imply I support their authenticators---psa, JSA, and lampson for vintage football from what I hear.

Cons:
    1.) With the jersey turned inside out, the nameplate appears to be sewn on crooked...is that true?
    2.) If there was a Steeler Exclusive Sand Knit tag there at one point, the glue residue should be there, unless these tags were added after the fact.
    3.)Why are so many of the supposedly used 70's Steelers jerseys always missing the Steelers Exclusive tags??? The size seems to always be there, but not the Steelers Exclusive tag....hmmn????
    4.) Something that is only attributed to '78 Steelers jerseys that were worn by Bradshaw doesn't exist on this one.....

Pros:
    1.) Jersey length...
    2.) Correct size and Sand Knit size and year tag.
    MAY I ASK YOU WHAT DOES NOT EXIST SO I MAY LOOK FOR IT AND POST A PIC, OR IS IT SOMETHING I ALREADY TOOK A PIC OF AND IS NOT THERE. IF ITS NOT A GAMER, I AM OKAY WITH THAT. I WAS JUST HOPING IT WAS A STORE MODEL AND NOT A DOCTORED JERSEY. WHAT IS IT WORTH? SHOULD I TAKE THE $700 OFFER FOR IT?

There is no doubt that this is a nice and rarely seen Terry Bradshaw jersey, however, it has way too may questions associated with it (at least for me), but I'm sure SOMEONE will authenticate it!!!!

MAY I ASK YOU WHAT DOES NOT EXIST SO I MAY LOOK FOR IT AND POST A PIC, OR IS IT SOMETHING I ALREADY TOOK A PIC OF AND IS NOT THERE. IF ITS NOT A GAMER, I AM OKAY WITH THAT. I WAS JUST HOPING IT WAS A STORE MODEL AND NOT A DOCTORED JERSEY. WHAT IS IT WORTH? SHOULD I TAKE THE $700 OFFER FOR IT?
    No disrespect, but I don't want to divulge that information. Look at any photo of Terry Bradshaw (home or away) from the 1978 NFL season and his jersey has something your's doesn't have. Again, you still have a nice jersey, but in my opinion, it's not game worn....but who am I? If someon offered you $700.00 and your comfortable with it...take it!!!

There is no doubt that this is a nice and rarely seen Terry Bradshaw jersey, however, it has way too may questions associated with it (at least for me), but I'm sure SOMEONE will authenticate it!!!!
    YOU CLAIM TO BE AN EXPERT BUT YOU WONT COME OUT AND SAY WHAT IS MISSING WITH THE JERSEY. THAT SEEMS STRANGE TO ME THAT YOU MAKE A CLAIM BUT ARE NOT WILLING TO OFFER ANY INFO TO GO WITH YOUR CLAIM. HERE ARE CLOSE-UPS OF WHAT I THINK YOU WANTED TO DOUBLE CHECK.......PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU CLAIM IS MISSING FROM THE JERSEY. WHAT IS IT WORTH AS A STORE MODEL? IS IT A STORE MODEL?

NOTICE WHAT APPEARS TO BE A TEAM REPAIR A FEW INCHES BELOW THE YEAR TAG STITCHING IN THE PICTURE. I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHAT IT IS I SHOULD SEE IN A 78 BRADSHAW BUT I AM NOT SEEING....JUST FOR FUTURE REFERENCE NOW THAT I AM LEARNING.

Name:  EXTRA2.JPG
Views: 402
Size:  153.0 KB

Name:  EXTRA1.JPG
Views: 370
Size:  155.8 KB

No disrespect, but I don't want to divulge that information. Look at any photo of Terry Bradshaw (home or away) from the 1978 NFL season and his jersey has something your's doesn't have. Again, you still have a nice jersey, but in my opinion, it's not game worn....but who am I? If someon offered you $700.00 and your comfortable with it...take it!!!
    ARE NOT YOU ONE OF THE PEOPLE WHO EMAILED ME AN OFFER?......AND THAT IS SILLY YOU DON'T WANT TO SHARE INFO WITH COLLECTORS HERE LIKE IT IS A SECRET. IF IT IS SO EASY TO SEE, THEN IT IS NOT LIKE YOU ARE DIVULGING NATIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION. I AM TRYING TO LEARN FROM AN OBVIOUS STEELERS AND GAME USED EXPERT. I HAVE TO RELY ON PEOPLE LIKE YOU FOR THIS INFO SO I DONT MIS-DESCRIBE WHAT I HAVE.

YOU CLAIM TO BE AN EXPERT BUT YOU WONT COME OUT AND SAY WHAT IS MISSING WITH THE JERSEY. THAT SEEMS STRANGE TO ME THAT YOU MAKE A CLAIM BUT ARE NOT WILLING TO OFFER ANY INFO TO GO WITH YOUR CLAIM. HERE ARE CLOSE-UPS OF WHAT I THINK YOU WANTED TO DOUBLE CHECK.......PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU CLAIM IS MISSING FROM THE JERSEY. WHAT IS IT WORTH AS A STORE MODEL? IS IT A STORE MODEL?

NOTICE WHAT APPEARS TO BE A TEAM REPAIR A FEW INCHES BELOW THE YEAR TAG STITCHING IN THE PICTURE. I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHAT IT IS I SHOULD SEE IN A 78 BRADSHAW BUT I AM NOT SEEING....JUST FOR FUTURE REFERENCE NOW THAT I AM LEARNING.

Attachment 140

Attachment 141

I am no expert by any means, however I do think I know Bradshaw and Steelers jersey from the 70's and early 80's pretty well. As for the nameplate, your initial picture had it appearing crooked...with that additional photo, all looks well. OK...look at this picture from Super Bowl XIII (1978 NFL Season)....look at the amount material AFTER the sleeves stripes....'78 was the only year Bradshaw had this!!! A true indicator that this, in my opinion, is NOT GAME USED!
    Attached Images Attached Images