Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: My first Manny Ramirez game-used glove!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by murfsteve25 View Post
    Any more information on this situation? I'm very interested in seeing what happens from here.

Michael: Did you purchase the glove? Or were you lucky enough to find out all this information right before you pulled out your wallet?

-Steve
    I'll give you two boring answers for now: everything is being looked at and hopefully taken care of & I'm financially fine with this one!

Sorry to nitpick, but it is not a style-match. If there are differences between the two styles (e.g., color of piping), then it cannot be a style-match. A style-match is where the item looks identical to what is shown in the in-action photo, but a photo-match cannot be determined (due to low resolution of the in-action photo, insufficient unique characteristics of the item, etc.).
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by nationals2k9 View Post
    I have no contact with Phil so I have no idea when he got it. I'm unsure when the guy who bought from Phil got it b/c that was being handled by the 3rd party who you are familiar with that is just asking you email him b/c he doesn't have your email. Some people don't like to get caught up in all of this chatter and I don't blame them fpr being more private than others. I'm free to discuss whatever on this forum but it's not me that knows all of the behind the scenes stuff. Again, you know who the guy with the new name is. He just got a new email and changed some things. Thanks
    Doesn't this new user have a name registered with GUU? This would be easy enough to check. What am I missing?
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Uh oh, hope my # 24 Sox issued is legit

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    Sorry to nitpick, but it is not a style-match. If there are differences between the two styles (e.g., color of piping), then it cannot be a style-match. A style-match is where the item looks identical to what is shown in the in-action photo, but a photo-match cannot be determined (due to low resolution of the in-action photo, insufficient unique characteristics of the item, etc.).
    Style match probably wasn't a 100% accurate term as there were differences, but Mike went through a lot of due dilligence to make sure it was a Manny Ramirez player model glove right down to the color of the piping and Web Design as he called the Pro Glove dept at Rawlings.

He checked photos and talked to people and relied on the advice he was given. Also keep in mind the back story Mike was given for the provenance. It sounded at worst a backup glove and at best a game used which is why the price was $1,500 and not $3,000.

At the end of the day, Bobby saved to the day.

I think for Mike and collectors here, the GUU community stepped up and Mike has been promised all of his money back!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Mike has been promised all of his money back!
    This is the best part of the situation. I'm happy that Mike is getting his money back, but im curious to know why the glove was sold as game used? My thinking on all of this was that whoever Mike bought the glove from, that person obtained it from the guy who bought all the stuff from Manny. Was this not the case? Just wondering what the true history behind the glove is...
    Always buying David Justice items

Quote Originally Posted by murfsteve25 View Post
    This is the best part of the situation. I'm happy that Mike is getting his money back, but im curious to know why the glove was sold as game used? My thinking on all of this was that whoever Mike bought the glove from, that person obtained it from the guy who bought all the stuff from Manny. Was this not the case? Just wondering what the true history behind the glove is...
    You're right. Talk to me offline michael_benko@yahoo.com and I can fill you in Steve. Money has been returned and for me, story put to rest.

I posted this on another thread already, but it looks like the glove has surfaced again:
    http://sports.mearsonlineauctions.co...entoryid=76444

I emailed Mears about it. Hopefully they do the right thing and remove it.