Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Re: NBA All-Star Jerseys

I haven't even paid attention to them.

But good luck to everyone who does bid

likewise, perhaps some of you will be able to get the locker room plates that end in a few weeks.

pacmanfever

There is a solution to the NBA Auctions monopoly...don't bid. Yes, how hard it will be to pass up on owning that desired item. The vindication it brings to place inflated bids just to make someone pay for stealing your thunder.

It is apparent that there is one person out there who will win these auctions at any cost and there is hardly anything any average hard-working person can do about it. It is rather ridiculous that someone has so much money that millions can be spent on sports memorabilia. Imagine the homes, cars, and other toys they probably must have if memorabilia is just a hobby. I work damn hard at what I do and I make an average salary, but I value it. I sacrifice making more money to do a job that helps others and I am respected for that. What respect is there for someone who is greedy to the point that it all must be theirs, not even leaving the "scum" of the bunch for everyone else to frenzy over.

For as long as people make these auctions as "successful" as they are, nothing will change and you will never have that holy grail you always wanted. Why would anyone change the format that brings in a half-of-a-million dollars for a single year of all-star items from one sport? MeiGray wins, true collectors lose. Someone who buys everything is not a collector. A collector has to go through adversity and lose something and find it and chase it again somewhere down the road.

I rather enjoy the fact that I cannot acquire any of these items because it leaves more room to remember the other great things in life. I wish to thank the almighty NBA Auctions bidder for helping me to make sure the bills are paid in full and on time...for being able to go out and enjoy my friends and family without thinking if I can afford to have a good time or if I need to save to try and win a jersey.

You have a choice...do not bid and let one person win everything at rock-bottom prices. It's supply and demand...cut the demand and prices go down. Values are going down anyway because the supply keeps going up. Once the supplier starts taking a hit because there is no one to inflate the auction prices, something will have to change. You are not going to win, so stop contributing to the problem and just walk away. And if you do win, I hope it's worth paying many times over the market value which will never be recouped...never.

some of you keep on suggesting not to bid, but looking at the auctions throughout the day you notice plenty of new people who are first time bidding (and probably not members of this community forum) so they don't know the history of what's been going on.

Hi Mbenga,

One more NBA All-Star Weekend auction starts tomorrow ... shooting shirts from the Rookie Challenge and Skills Competition events.

As for Special Events jerseys ... stay tuned.

Thanks, Barry

I would like to give a HUGE thank you to jtnbafan (exquisite) for allowing me to win the Gerald Wallace slam dunk shooting shirt.

I ended up with a bunch of nice little Gerald Wallace pieces throughout the year, I think the only items of his I didn't win I lost out to exquisite.

At this point, there doesn't seem to be much posting in this thread other than people complaining about not winning items. As such, we are closing this thread.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly.
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions