Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Any info about this Frank Robinson jersey?

I bought this a while ago, I don't know anything about it. I been meaning to send it to someone to get it checked out, but I still haven't gotten around to it (I am real lazy) I was wondering if anyone has any info on this particular jersey? All I know is its from 1974 or so.

I am thinking about framing it and before I drop a huge amount of dollars on that I was wondering if it is even worth framing. Thanks

Thanks!

Re: Any info about this Frank Robinson jersey?

The Indians didn't start wearing the Red Alternates until 1975. They would have the shoulder patch. The collar on yours seems to center into more of a point then other examples of that period, including the 1975 depicted in the WH Jersey guide. Also, the letters and numbers look newer then those that would appear on a 30+ year old. Possibly a restoration?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

thanks for the update

i dont have the jersey with me as it is at home but i remember that there are no signs that the letters were ever removed or redone and there are signs that there was once a patch on the sleeve that someone has removed

Banned

The jerseys the Tribe wore in 1976 had a Bicentennial patch (shield-shaped) affixed to the right sleeve. If the jersey is year tagged 76 and the patch was removed, then the jersey was also worn in 1977. The 1975 editions carried no year tagging in the tail. The Indians were low-budget at the time, so jerseys were often worn for more than 1 year's running.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

ah ok, the jersey carries no tagging inside

Any interest in selling or trading this jersey? I have the 1976 blue home version and would love its counterpart. Mine too was recycled with the patch missing off its sleeve.

Tribefan1313, welcome to the forum. Drop me an email as I am fellow Indians collector and would love to hear about some of your other jerseys/items.