Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Seller's Remorse

Hmmm, tough question, I have a few that I would love to have back but I think the #1 item would be Gary Carter's bat used to hit his 250th home run. I would love to have it back but do take a lot of comfort in knowing it is in the collection of one of the best guys around.

Abe

There's a bunch for me... If I had to pick one it would be one of Pujols' 2006 Louisville Slugger World Series bats...

It wasn't used and I needed money at the time, but have always regreted that one
    Bert
    ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

Ryan Howard 2004 Phillies game used cleats, sure they were only used in September but they were his first major league cleats.

Its got to be zeenuts(new owner) photo matched Shane Victirno home jersey!! I worked long and hard to photo match it. An can't rember any GU item I was more happy with. Which I sold to buy my Mattingly jersey, that I am now selling. Wait is that buyers or sellers remorse???? either way that is a peice I'd like to have back. But it did go to good home, so I'm happy about that!!

Last summer I was looking to raise some funds to move out on my own again, after losing my job and being forced back with my folks. well I decided to sell off some items to fund this. I regret alot of what I sold, but I figured they are all material items, and my sanity was more important

This January I made myself this list, as now I am back on my feet, and looking to rebuild here was my top 10 list...

10 - Aramis glove that was disgusting from 2005 (all star glove)
    9 - 73 Kessinger Road
    8 - 87 Dave Martinez Home (I will have this soon, hopefully by April)
    7 - Dawson Glove
    6 - 88 Sandberg Home
    5 - Mark Grace cleats (These are now back home)
    4 - 91 Road Walton (This is now back home)
    3 - 87 Road Jody Davis
    2 - 88 Dawson Home
    1 - Shawon Dunston 1995 Road Jersey (This is now back home)

So I guess now the answer to the question is my 88 Dawson home jersey.

I know where it is, though unless he finds an upgrade I dont see it coming home anytime soon. Oh well such is life...maybe that means I will find the 90 Road dawson with all star patch that I REALLY want??

I sold a pair of 1998 Kobe GU/Signed shoes...the white Adidas "Kobe's"...they were awesome but I didnt want to hang on to them while Kobe went through his "troubles" back in Colorado...

Hind sight is 20/20!

Jeremy

macleodjeremy@hotmail.com

Re: Sellers Remorse??

30 plus years of collecting, never sold anything... only remorse is some of the things i passed on.... my belief is collectors never sell...thats why lots of collectables never resurface.

I sold a Larry Walker Cards bat a while back, thinking I'd find one with more use on it...have not seen one since.
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For those in the Chicago area that go to the Cubs convention, you are aware of the team auction that goes on. Anyways, a few years back, I bought one of the mystery bags that had a bunch of game used equipment in it. I ended up getting a game used bat of D. Lee, A. Soriano and a bunch of misc game used jerseys. Some guy must have been watching me to see what stuff I would pull out of the bag. As I was walking out of the room, he approached me and asked "would you be willing to sell that 'Theriot' jersey and how much?" Ryan had just completed his rookie year and I was thinking he wouldn't turn into much (as most Cubs rookies don't, well at least while they are playing for the Cubs). I ended up selling that rookie jersey to him for $180. Theriot isn't going to end up in the hall of fame, but man, I regret selling that rookie game used jersey.

Banned

I agree with Flacco that collectors collect. I never sold anything before this year (most of what I sold was at a loss) and I am happy to report that every nickel I have made has gone back into my collection. Sometimes you have to sell stuff to buy stuff you want more. When I look at my Drew Brees and Jared Allen jerseys I do not feel remorse about the items I have sold because I tell myself if you kept them you would not have these jerseys. I guess it helps in my case that the items I have sold were items I lost interest in years ago when I discovered g/u items or impulse g/u purchases that I regreted buying in the first place.