Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: does taking off a hologram devalue a game used?

I can't stand holograms of any kind. Unfortunately, Upper Deck holograms are pasted onto a couple of premier items in my personal collection. It bothers me every time I see them, but I don't remove them because I know it would significantly affect resale value if I ever go to resell them. There must be a better system than tacky, shiny holograms that are placed right next to autographs and in other prominent places. In my humble opinion, they look horrendous, and I completely understand the strong urge to remove them on PC items.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Re: does taking off a hologram devalue a game used?

That is a sad story Andrew, I'd be sick too if that happened to me. I also agree w/ the appearance of holograms...its always bothered me...the hologram...no matter which company its from...its sole purpose should be the authenticate...period...its not meant to be a part of the display. I wish mlb would put theres in a hidden place, it the collars of jerseys, on the back or top of barrel on bats, on the backsides of locker nameplates, inside the bands of hats, up inside the helmets......let it do its job w/out being part of the display!!
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net