Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: March pick-ups

Re: March pick-ups

MUSEOVEN- Some more great pick ups. Your collection amazes me. Where did you buy the vizquel jersey from???

Hey Guys, I finally got a few items worthy of the 'pickups' section of the forum.

1. Jody Gerut game used Padres Helmet used during the 2010 Opening Day at Citi Field (Inaugural Season) against the Mets. Gerut was the leadoff batter and hit the third ball pitched over the right field home run. There are a number of Citi Field firsts associated with this helmet.
    First At Bat
    First Pitch
    First Hit
    First Home Run
    First Run
    First RBI
    First Double (Gerut also doubled in the top of the third.)

I have photomatched the helmet through the pine tar mark on the left front and with the second three on the back of the helmet which was applied sloppily with the top of the '3' leaning in. Also, for some strange reason Gerut wore this old style helmet while almost every member of the Padres wore the newer vented style helmet. I checked through a number of MLB.TV games and with Getty Images and it seems Gerut wore this helmet through most of the next five weeks he was with the Padres (he was traded to the Brewers May 21).

Ron Michne Jr
    rmichne@yahoo.com
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Sorry for the multiple posts. I meant to add these two items to the last post but must have hit 'submit'.

2. Ike Davis (Mets Prospect) Game Used Louisville Slugger bat. Nice amount of use on this Model C243. Signed 'Ike Davis 2009 Game Used.

3. Ike Davis (Mets Prospect) Game Used Wilson A2000 first baseman's glove. Also signed 'Ike Davis 2009 Game Used' in gold pen. Nice amount of use on the glove but it was hard to take a picture of.

Hope you Mets fans out there enjoy these items.

Sincerely,

Ron Michne Jr
    rmichne@yahoo.com

I got these in while I was at Spring Training. I actually had the Miller Jersey sent to my hotel in hopes of getting it signed by him but didnt succeed also wasnt able to get my Brad Penny Jersey signed.
    Trever Miller

Randy Flores

Reggie Sanders Kansas City Monarchs TBTC
    Session Name: KANSAS CITY ROYALS @ MILWAUKEE BREWERS
    Session Date: June 23, 2007
    Autographer:
    Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
    Additional Information: #16 REGGIE SANDERS KANSAS CITY NEGRO LEAGUE JERSEY

Jason Isringhausen 2005 All-Star Jersey
    Session Name: 2005 HOME RUN DERBY
    Session Date: July 11, 2005
    Autographer: JASON ISRINGHAUSEN
    Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
    Additional Information: JASON ISRINGHAUSEN

HAHAHA...this is funny someone on here ended up with this. I took this helmet to ST a few weeks ago to get signed for the seller.

Quote Originally Posted by rmichne View Post
    Hey Guys, I finally got a few items worthy of the 'pickups' section of the forum.

1. Jody Gerut game used Padres Helmet used during the 2010 Opening Day at Citi Field (Inaugural Season) against the Mets. Gerut was the leadoff batter and hit the third ball pitched over the right field home run. There are a number of Citi Field firsts associated with this helmet.
    First At Bat
    First Pitch
    First Hit
    First Home Run
    First Run
    First RBI
    First Double (Gerut also doubled in the top of the third.)

I have photomatched the helmet through the pine tar mark on the left front and with the second three on the back of the helmet which was applied sloppily with the top of the '3' leaning in. Also, for some strange reason Gerut wore this old style helmet while almost every member of the Padres wore the newer vented style helmet. I checked through a number of MLB.TV games and with Getty Images and it seems Gerut wore this helmet through most of the next five weeks he was with the Padres (he was traded to the Brewers May 21).

Ron Michne Jr
    rmichne@yahoo.com

picked up a few recently including this:

Following Game Used/Worn auctions and team sales: www.twitter.com/gameused

Banned

I just picked up this Ryan Braun 2009 game used bat. This bat is uncracked and shows nice use with mota stick, ball marks, stitch imprints, and his uniform number 8 on the knob.

It's been a while since I've been this excited about a pick-up, but today, after seemingly an eternity (in reality only 12 days), my new favourite item came in.

From the 2010 Olympics, a game worn jersey of Canadian gold medalist Sarah Vaillancourt. The jersey was worn during Canada's 10-1 win over Switzerland on February 15, a game in which Vaillancourt had one goal and one assist. Over the last few years Vaillancourt has been my favourite player on the Canadian National Women's team, so picking up this jersey is quite the thrill for me

I know most people were more interested in men's hockey at the Olympics, but I have no shame in admitting that I personally enjoy women's hockey more.

-Pam

Great pick up! Where does one get such Olympic items?
    Ultimate Collector of Darin Erstad, Nick Blackburn, Michael Restovich, and Twins Game Used Jerseys

I know Meigray is auctioning off USA hockey jerseys, both men and women