Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Re: NBA All-Star Jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by jimphilips View Post
    BPH don't have many basketball items for sale these days. As for GWU, looks like they don't distinguish GI from GU, they just sell all their jerseys as Game Used, not to mention many of the prices are pretty crazy.
    Not quite. BPH sells many game worn basketball items every week. They just don't keep their website updated. Kim and David just updated customers with their new email address: bph32us@yahoo.com. Feel free to contact them with your interests. Kim is a GUU member, as well. Over the years, I have purchased many Jazz and Pacers jerseys from them that that have been photomatched.

I assume by GWU that you meant Pro-Am Sports/gameuseduniforms.com and not George Washington University. Pro-Am regularly makes team purchases and they absolutely distinguish between game worn and non-game worn/game-issued items. I would recommend emailing Morgan McCreary at morganmccreary1@gmail.com with any specific questions you may have. I recently picked up a Shaquille O'Neal photomatched game worn road jersey that originally came from them. My friend just picked up the Shaq home jersey, also quickly photomatched.

Hope this clears up the confusion.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    Not quite. BPH sells many game worn basketball items every week. They just don't keep their website updated. Kim and David just updated customers with their new email address: bph32us@yahoo.com. Feel free to contact them with your interests. Kim is a GUU member, as well. Over the years, I have purchased many Jazz and Pacers jerseys from them that that have been photomatched.

I assume by GWU that you meant Pro-Am Sports/gameuseduniforms.com and not George Washington University. Pro-Am regularly makes team purchases and they absolutely distinguish between game worn and non-game worn/game-issued items. I would recommend emailing Morgan McCreary at morganmccreary1@gmail.com with any specific questions you may have. I recently picked up a Shaquille O'Neal photomatched game worn road jersey that originally came from them. My friend just picked up the Shaq home jersey, also quickly photomatched.

What is BHP,can you provide a link to there website?

[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']Hi everybody,

We have been following this thread with interest. We appreciate the comments, the passion for the hobby, the constructive criticism and the suggestions (objective and subjective).

Those of you who know us at MeiGray know that during our 13 years in the hobby, we have always recognized that open and honest conversation with collectors is the best way to do business.

Kuljo, I don't know who you are. I appreciate and respect your comments, but I must take serious exception to one statement you made. You wrote: "The happier and richer they get, the more they care less about the other hobbyists or fans."

I vehemently disagree with that mischaracterization. If you knew our business model, and our standards for authenticity and integrity, you would know that we have earned our place in this hobby because we care deeply about hobbyists and fans.

We believe the best way to EARN OUR PROFIT is to earn it by providing the best products, the best customer service, and unparalleled ABSOLUTE AUTHENTICITY. And we can do that, because we are collectors, too, and we think like collectors.

Yes, we are a for-profit business. But from the day I introduced MeiGray in the summer of 1997 we followed the belief that the best way to succeed in the sports memorabilia industry, both financially and reputation-wise, is to offer exemplary customer service, unparalled authenticity, and fair business practices.

The NBA is a key partner, and we will always represent them professionally. We are aware of the issues behind discussed here. We have had internal conversations about these issues, and will continue to do so.

I think we all know that it is not always possible to please everybody. But I pledge that we will do our very best to keep you collectors, the hobby at large, our partners, and our business model in mind as we consider this issue, and any future issue we may face.

Respectfully,

Barry

[/FONT]

Thanks a lot for the information.

I shouldn't have made my judgement before doing extensive homework. But I do feel confused about Pro-Am/GWU. They have like hundreds of NBA jerseys in stock, but they mention nothing about the usage of the jerseys in their website, and just call them "game jerseys" instead. And I wonder how they determine if the jerseys are issued or used. Did they keep records in the first place when collecting the jerseys from the teams? Or they just look at the jersesy and look for the "signs of usage".

I know it's a little off topic. Anyway I think I will just email them to figure out this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by jimphilips View Post
    Thanks a lot for the information.

I shouldn't have made my judgement before doing extensive homework. But I do feel confused about Pro-Am/GWU. They have like hundreds of NBA jerseys in stock, but they mention nothing about the usage of the jerseys in their website, and just call them "game jerseys" instead. And I wonder how they determine if the jerseys are issued or used. Did they keep records in the first place when collecting the jerseys from the teams? Or they just look at the jersesy and look for the "signs of usage".

I know it's a little off topic. Anyway I think I will just email them to figure out this issue.
    Ah, GWU = gamewornuniforms. Got it now. Sorry, my brain was stuck on gameUSEDuniforms for some reason. Yes, just contact them and ask about the jerseys/uniforms in which you have interest. The game issued/game worn distinction is not always clear from their website.

And Drexler22, BPH is Ball Park Heroes. The website (which I believe is long outdated) is http://www.ballparkheroes.net/. Better to contact them directly, as well.

Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Banned

What is it about this thread and new members coming out of the woodwork to introduce themselves with wildly inappropriate posts? Incredible.

A couple of you guys will be lucky if NBA Auctions and MeiGray do not ban you from their auctions. Just sayin'...
    No need to ban me .. I have no intention of registering until I see a limit in the items for bidder. I am already annoyed just watching him what he has been doing. I can't imagine how those who have bid and lost are feeling.

Yes, I am new in this gameusedforum which I stumbled upon while searching for jtnbafan and exquisite613 in yahoo to see how far back he has been doing this.

I am also new in the NBA Auction thing. I was made aware of its existence by some posts in Ebay that had mentioned NBA Auction and Meigray. I haven't even started bidding or registering in the NBA Auction and I am already discouraged. I was really shocked when I saw jtnbafan and exquisite613's names in every other items in the NBA All-Star jersey auction.

At first, I was amazed at how 2 people where dominating the auction, but later found out that those 2 names are actually only 1 person, who has been doing this for the past few years.

I've been trying to understand why he cleans-out the house. At first I thought that he is really just a big fan of the NBA who has a very deep pocket who will collect all the unique jerseys, but the more I dig about the past auctions, read about all the previous posts and watch what he did with all those t-shirts and socks. Then, I realized that he is not just a collector and a fan, but also someone who is beginning to want to control the market, because he has already invested so much.

The tupperwares will continue to give excuses for his actions, but it still does not make sense for someone who has arguably the best NBA collection of jerseys to also be getting all the t-shirts! How will those t-shirts look in his display room? The designs are not even attractive or eye-candies

If you will get real ... his actions really look more like a power-trip. I've seen his few posts here, so for sure he has seen what people been saying about his conquests. How some of the posts would have massaged his ego even more....

Get real! I will never agree that he is doing this innocently.

Obviously, resellers will always be his friends

Quote Originally Posted by kuljo View Post
    The tupperwares will continue to give excuses for his actions
    Tupperwares? Welcome back to the conversation, Doodle! We missed you.

For all of the GUUers playing along at home, see Doodle's complaints and criticisms on the same exact topic in this thread (in particular, see post 21):
    http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=26181

Doodle is "Chris Anderson." Kuljo, if you got tired of playing Birdman, why didn't you just go with Melo or Chauncey?

Boy, I wish we would start using ID VERIFY on GUU. Mods, you just don't know how much easier your lives would be if folks' real identities were required.

Tupperwares? Welcome back to the conversation, Doodle! We missed you.

For all of the GUUers playing along at home, see Doodle's complaints and criticisms on the same exact topic in this thread (in particular, see post 21):
    http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=26181

Doodle is "Chris Anderson." Kuljo, if you got tired of playing Birdman, why didn't you just go with Melo or Chauncey?

Boy, I wish we would start using ID VERIFY on GUU. Mods, you just don't know how much easier your lives would be if folks' real identities were required.

Reid - The internet sure has its pitfalls. True identity can be difficult at times.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Banned

i thought up a more realistic suggestion than a limit. i think in the big auctions like allstars, finals they should set aside 2 or 3 jerseys to sell at a fixed price. not even like the kobes and lebrons but like the gerald wallaces. then advertise that they will go on sale online at x date and time and first person to buy each gets them. it would generate alot of excitement i think and create an interesting competition and if they really wanted to make it interesting they could limit it to one purchase of such per person per half hour to ensure that different people get them and if for some reason some did not go right away within a short period of time people could buy more. they could also set a high price because i think collectors would be more willing to pay it because unlike a bid they know they will get the item.

Anybody know what deal is on the NBA green week jerseys this year. I think they are wearing them this week. Is it only a patch teams are wearing for it? Have any teams planning a green jersey, like in past. I would think some of these will hit NBA auctions.