Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Manny Ramirez bat question

Spartakid

Thanks for the reply and here are more pics.

I know that in 2004 American Memorabilia had sold 2 of theses...one identical to mine with the MR24 holo and LOA and the other (pictured below) is the ASI LOA bat. Both sold for over $600.

Thanks!

macleodjeremy@hotmail.com

OOpppsss...

For some reason they didnt post...try it again

Jeremy
    Attached Images Attached Images      

A classic " do your homework" situation. I've never really been a big fan of bat authenticators. Looking at Taube's site and the wide variety of players he is selling bats of(and has authenticated), I wonder about the ability to truly know every player's bat characteristics/usage to deem a bat used by said player. I look at LOAs as letters of opinion with nice pictures and some useful info but in the past few years with the amount of images available and MLBtv, I would feel more comfortable doing my own research.
    k

Banned

I can tell you that most of the big name authenticators read posts on this forum. I know for a fact that Taube has, because I posted something once that he didn't care for and now we no longer do business. I'm not sure how that hurts me, since there's tons of places to find game used bats, outside of his site. He's cost himself thousands of dollars that way. Anyway, the point of my post here, was to say I don't trust any authenticator 100%. There's just way too much to know about every different player. I guarantee every authenticator out there has made mistakes. Why would Taube authenicate a Nokona Manny bat without even checking images from the season to verify he used one? See what I mean? I think most of us that have collected long enough, don't put a lot of stock in the so called experts paperwork. I think we do a lot of our own homework and have guys that we trust that we email when we have questions-including this site. Plus, have you seen the prices that Mears and Taube charge to write up a coa on something? I'd rather buy a game used piece for 300.00 than pay for a piece of paper with an opinion.