Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ANNOUNCEMENT - New Moderating Committee

Hello Everyone,

We are very pleased to announce that an annual committee has been formed to help moderate the forum. The committee of the first annual term will consist of five individuals: David Louie (metsbats), Andrew Lang (allstarsplus), Greg Guy (dcgreg25), Nick DiSalvo (TNTtoys) and Joel Sabalza (joelsabi). All of these individuals are veteran members and have contributed to the forum in many ways. Please welcome them to the moderating committee and join me in thanking them for their assistance and supporting them in their efforts.

I also want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who responded to our request for volunteering for the moderating committee. Many people responded, which is indicative of the fact that people care about the community and are willing to help to continue making this a great place for everyone. Due to the size of the committee, which we believe matches the needs of the forum, choosing the moderating members was a very, very difficult decision because we felt everyone who volunteered would have done a great job. Notably, the annual committee will be refilled each year and there will be opportunities for others to serve. In addition, the current committee will be selecting back-ups from the list of the volunteers to help as soon as they have the opportunity to get everything in place.

This is also a perfect time to extend our sincere appreciation to those who have moderated this forum for the past several years. Their efforts and accomplishments have been tremendous. Moderating forums is far from an easy task. I am sure they welcome a much deserved break J. Mike Specht and I will continue to serve in an advisory role and help where needed.

We are excited to have the new committee to help guide and moderate the forum. We look forward to the forum continuing to grow and be a great resource for collectors.
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT - New Moderating Committee

I wish you guys all the best! You have a tough job ahead of you!

Regards, Tony
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    I wish you guys all the best! You have a tough job ahead of you!

Regards, Tony
    Figuring out the latest incarnations of serially banned members will be a cumbersome task in and of itself.

Good luck!
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    Figuring out the latest incarnations of serially banned members will be a cumbersome task in and of itself.

Good luck!
    Myself, I don't understand this type of behavior. Maybe it's today youth, not sure. As a 50 year old, I see it getting worse and worse each year.

Let's hope for the best. This is a great forum with good people!

Regards, Tony
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post

Good luck!

Thanks Frik.

As far as the all the spam we are currently receiving with the lastest banning we ask that you all take the high road and ignore. We know it's hard not to zing back but not getting a reaction from those of us who are here for the right reason, will make the spammer realize his time is being wasted.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post

take the high road and ignore
    If members plan to stay with this forum they need to read this quote and abide by it. It should be a bannable offense to respond to the BS.
    Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
    ~ Bill Veeck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by karamaxjoe View Post
    If members plan to stay with this forum they need to read this quote and abide by it. It should be a bannable offense to respond to the BS.
    I think it's a slippery slope to ban people for commenting on the spam. A much better approach would be to only suspend those that are actually breaking the rules - like swearing, disrupting the forum, and trolling/baiting other members. Otherwise, we'll have a huge list of banned members and more problems than we started with.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Good luck, I'm behind you all 100%.
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Well thank God GUU made good choices on mods. Could not have been better selections!!

Good luck folks and thanks for volunteering your time!! Now on with the show.......
    Davis Emburey
    demburey@netzero.net
    Always looking for late 70's-late 80's Mariners game used bats!

The heck with the banned people, I want to know what happened to Robert, aka Aeneas??

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com