Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: My first Manny Ramirez game-used glove!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by prosvr1 View Post
    Bobby please email directly about this glove
    Thanks prosvr1@tds.net
    If you have a question for me, you can go ahead and post it here. Also, please identify who you are.

Bobby

Banned

After reviewing carefully everything said I see everyone either failed to mention or missed one of the most biggest pieces to the obvious puzzle.......... now maybe I am wrong but I am judging by the 2 pictures shown. So if I am wrong I apologize ahead of time.

If you look at the actual glove purchased and the one Manny wearing in the Getty photo!!

The Getty photo shows one leather strap down the webbing of the glove and the one purchased shows 2 straps coming down the glove.

Now you may say well it's the angle of the Getty photo you do not see the second one but if you look closely the angles are not that far off and the width of the webbing looks a lot shorter on the one Manny is wearing in the Getty photo than the width on the purchased glove.

There definitely seems like a noticeable width difference in the webbing and one to pay close attention too, which would be the reason it (Getty photo) would only be able to have 1 strap down.

I have information about the glove, and when you contact me you will know who I'm This is a bad deal all the way around. I would like to know what information you have, So I can get this taken care of for the person who owns the glove and was going to sell it to Mike

Quote Originally Posted by gameused View Post
    If you have a question for me, you can go ahead and post it here. Also, please identify who you are.

Bobby
    Bobby you'll know who this is. It's who I would have sent you to anyway. It sounds like this whole thing will be resolved soon enough. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    After reviewing carefully everything said I see everyone either failed to mention or missed one of the most biggest pieces to the obvious puzzle.......... now maybe I am wrong but I am judging by the 2 pictures shown. So if I am wrong I apologize ahead of time.

If you look at the actual glove purchased and the one Manny wearing in the Getty photo!!

The Getty photo shows one leather strap down the webbing of the glove and the one purchased shows 2 straps coming down the glove.

Now you may say well it's the angle of the Getty photo you do not see the second one but if you look closely the angles are not that far off and the width of the webbing looks a lot shorter on the one Manny is wearing in the Getty photo than the width on the purchased glove.

There definitely seems like a noticeable width difference in the webbing and one to pay close attention too, which would be the reason it (Getty photo) would only be able to have 1 strap down.
    We've got it under control.

The only puzzle here is when the glove was altered to look like Manny used it. We're well past the slight differences in the two gloves pictured. I originally posted just to share what I thought would be a nice pick-up and then this thing went nuts in many directions. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by nationals2k9 View Post
    Bobby you'll know who this is. It's who I would have sent you to anyway. It sounds like this whole thing will be resolved soon enough. Thanks!
    Michael,

Sounds like the person that asked me to e-mail him has something to hide, he just joined the forum and cant identify himself.

I also asked you a few questions about when the glove was purchased by Phil and when the guy selling it to you bought it from Phil and you have not answered back.

I dont understand why we cant discuss this right here in the open.

Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by gameused View Post
    Michael,

Sounds like the person that asked me to e-mail him has something to hide, he just joined the forum and cant identify himself.

I also asked you a few questions about when the glove was purchased by Phil and when the guy selling it to you bought it from Phil and you have not answered back.

I dont understand why we cant discuss this right here in the open.

Bobby
    I have no contact with Phil so I have no idea when he got it. I'm unsure when the guy who bought from Phil got it b/c that was being handled by the 3rd party who you are familiar with that is just asking you email him b/c he doesn't have your email. Some people don't like to get caught up in all of this chatter and I don't blame them fpr being more private than others. I'm free to discuss whatever on this forum but it's not me that knows all of the behind the scenes stuff. Again, you know who the guy with the new name is. He just got a new email and changed some things. Thanks

I wonder about the LOA itself. Although the clubhouse attendant source is always a bit dicey, my understanding is that Sportworld is pretty careful with what they sell. I wonder if the LOA even belongs to this glove.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    I wonder if the LOA even belongs to this glove.
    Good question. I'm always leary of pieces of paper that cannot be linked specifically to an item, ie no numbering or meaningful description to tie items in, we had a similar discussion about a UDA George Brett glove on here a couple weeks ago, similarly the UDA letter just said "glove" or something and could not definitively be attributed to the glove that was being sold... The most specific this letter gets is "Rawlings glove". Hmm, tough to commit that to specifically this Rawlings glove moreso than any other Rawlings glove. Also I'm leary of the wording "used by". Doesn't say used in an official MLB game or anything like that, so I wonder what constitutes "used by" in their minds. Did he put it on to keep his hand warm in the dugout. Did he "use" it in pregame warm-ups. Did he "use" it as a gift to a friend or another player. Or did he just pick it up and try it on before discarding it. The vagueness concerns me in LOAs like this one. I'd be hard pressed to prove that Manny never "used" it and thats the only assertion made. Generic and vague LOAs mean little to me and honest authenticators make mistakes or get fooled every once in a while. I'm pretty skeptical by nature (and as required by my career) and to me vague = warning flags.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Any more information on this situation? I'm very interested in seeing what happens from here.

Michael: Did you purchase the glove? Or were you lucky enough to find out all this information right before you pulled out your wallet?

-Steve
    Always buying David Justice items