Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey guys...

Hey guys...

All,

As a new moderator to this forum, I want to take a few moments and voice what's on my mind. I volunteered because I have been a steady contributor on this site for the past 4 years, where in that time, I believed in its mission and in turn invested a great deal of my personal time into it... and it was all about give and take. I learned a phenomenal amount of information from the experts here and was able to share my level of knowledge of Mets equipment with anyone who needed a hand. Apart from the obvious purposes of this forum, it was through GUU that I forged friendships that I know I will have for my lifetime.

It would be ridiculous to ignore the fact that there has been a lot of bickering and personal attacking going on here. Otherwise productive threads have gone by the wayside because the fighting just seems to hijack things. Some of it is intentional as we are all aware of.

I want you to know that I (as someone who has invested a great deal of time in this forum) along with the other new moderators aim to clean this up and make it what it once was. I still see the good in this place and hope to make a positive impact here.

Nick
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Re: Hey guys...

Nick -

Thanks for the great personal 'hands on' approach. I've been here for about 2 years now I guess and I have learned a ton as well as providing what info I have on Rockies gear and Rawlings.

Like other forums I belong to, it astounds me the accusations and inflammatory comments that get thrown around here fairly regularly with no immediate consequence.

I look forward to the 'New and Improved' GUU with you and the other 4 new Mods and will lend a hand anyway I can if anyone of you just asks.

All the best -

Christopher R Smith
    Xpress34

I'm behind ya 100%
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TNTtoys View Post
    All,

As a new moderator to this forum, I want to take a few moments and voice what's on my mind. I volunteered because I have been a steady contributor on this site for the past 4 years, where in that time, I believed in its mission and in turn invested a great deal of my personal time into it... and it was all about give and take. I learned a phenomenal amount of information from the experts here and was able to share my level of knowledge of Mets equipment with anyone who needed a hand. Apart from the obvious purposes of this forum, it was through GUU that I forged friendships that I know I will have for my lifetime.

It would be ridiculous to ignore the fact that there has been a lot of bickering and personal attacking going on here. Otherwise productive threads have gone by the wayside because the fighting just seems to hijack things. Some of it is intentional as we are all aware of.

I want you to know that I (as someone who has invested a great deal of time in this forum) along with the other new moderators aim to clean this up and make it what it once was. I still see the good in this place and hope to make a positive impact here.

Nick

(Never seen so much drama on a forum. I am still wondering why would one attack another on game used items?)

If you can nip things in the bud before it get out of hand, then it would be great.

Congrats on your new post.

I hope you new mods can help take this forum back to its original purpose. Congrats Nick, and we all appreciate you and the other mods for taking on this responsibility. Thanks, Ricardo
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Quote Originally Posted by posada20 View Post
    (Never seen so much drama on a forum. I am still wondering why would one attack another on game used items?)
    Me too! And hopefully the worst of it is behind us...
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Believe it or not I have seen much much worse on local stock car racing forums.
    On one of the forums there was threats of lawsuits,flaming and insults all over. It got cleaned up in no time.

One thing have I learned from the racing forums the mods should not play favorites just because they're are buddies with someone. It reflects bad on the forum when a problem arises.

I think all will go good on this forum too.

Good luck to you and all the mods.

I have Learned so much since I Joined this Forum in Late 2005.I have met a few People that have Helped me out on here And I have made Plenty of Deals with some very nice People.I also want this Forum to get back to what The Reason I come on The Forum is.

Thanks
    Geoff

Banned

Go get 'em, Nick! I support you.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Nick, great post..I share many of the same reasons for volunteering to be a moderator. I have bought, sold, and learned a great deal from this forum and am happy to give back and help the forum eliminate the bickering and regain its focus. I am travelling through Sunday so my immediate availability is limited for the next couple days but I look forward to working with you.