Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hey guys...

Re: Hey guys...

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    While I appreciate your suggestion, it's doubtful that the price limit will be lifted. One of the reasons it was put into place was so GUU would not be held liable for any big-dollar transactions that would go poorly. Therefore, I think they still want it to be in place.
    They already have wording in place that they are not liable, so whether its a dollar or ten thousand shouldn't matter....the dollar amount does not make them more or less liable when the disclosure is in place...

I believe the real reason behind the price limit is steer the more expensive items to their auctions..........
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    I believe the real reason behind the price limit is steer the more expensive items to their auctions..........
    LOL! Watch out what you say, though, as the walls have ears.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU View Post
    I would suggest that the $500 limit on game used items in the classified section be lifted, limiting it to that amount never made sense to me

Dave
    Hi Dave,

The simplest way I can explain this $500 limit is it being analogous to a school having a school policy that students cannot carry over $20 to school. The policy prevents possible theft of large amount of money that the school is not liable for and it prevents the possible problems that the theft of say $100 would have on school learning environment. In our case, the limit is $500 and the learning environment is the entire GUU forum.

Hope this helps in your understanding of the $500 limit.

The policy was clarified last August by the Administrators:

Participation in GUU Collector to Collector Classifieds forum is subject to the agreement of the following:

This forum is intended for collectors to sell among themselves. It is not intended for dealers, businesses or professional teams looking to sell their merchandise but simply a collector forum. In this forum, Game Used Universe will have no involvement in the evaluations of items or the transactions whatsoever nor will Game Used Universe moderate this forum. If there are any problems with transactions they will need to be resolved independent of Game Used Universe. To prevent any major problems from occurring, the sale price limit for items in this classified section is $500. If any of these rules are broken the poster will be suspended immediately without prior warning. This forum is being offered as a service to our members and we will not be sending warning emails to offenders, etc. Selling on this forum is free and is being offered exclusively at the request of our members. However, buyers need to be aware there are no guarantees to the claims of sellers and you are buying at your on risk.

Those participating in this forum also agree with and understand the “Collector to Collector Classifieds" forum has nothing to do with Game Used Universe’s selling model and Game Used Universe will not be accountable for any false representations, shipping of incorrect items, etc.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Joel -

Sending you an eMail. I have a question about C to C that is NOT addressed in the 'rules' and would rather discuss privately 1st.

- Chris

What I think is awesome is that in the week or so since the new mods have been in place, the general mood of the forum had already improved. Thanks to Chris, the mods, and the combined knowledge of all our members, we can restore our "home" to what is was in the past......a place to share information on the hobby we all love.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Always looking for vintage game used bats of Houston Buffs and Colt .45's players.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    Hi Dave,

The simplest way I can explain this $500 limit is it being analogous to a school having a school policy that students cannot carry over $20 to school. The policy prevents possible theft of large amount of money that the school is not liable for and it prevents the possible problems that the theft of say $100 would have on school learning environment. In our case, the limit is $500 and the learning environment is the entire GUU forum.

Hope this helps in your understanding of the $500 limit.

The policy was clarified last August by the Administrators:

Participation in GUU Collector to Collector Classifieds forum is subject to the agreement of the following:

This forum is intended for collectors to sell among themselves. It is not intended for dealers, businesses or professional teams looking to sell their merchandise but simply a collector forum. In this forum, Game Used Universe will have no involvement in the evaluations of items or the transactions whatsoever nor will Game Used Universe moderate this forum. If there are any problems with transactions they will need to be resolved independent of Game Used Universe. To prevent any major problems from occurring, the sale price limit for items in this classified section is $500. If any of these rules are broken the poster will be suspended immediately without prior warning. This forum is being offered as a service to our members and we will not be sending warning emails to offenders, etc. Selling on this forum is free and is being offered exclusively at the request of our members. However, buyers need to be aware there are no guarantees to the claims of sellers and you are buying at your on risk.

Those participating in this forum also agree with and understand the “Collector to Collector Classifieds" forum has nothing to do with Game Used Universe’s selling model and Game Used Universe will not be accountable for any false representations, shipping of incorrect items, etc.
    Joel,

Thanks for responding back to me so quickly and for the analogy although it still makes no sense. The forum is not liable so why the amount. The hockey forum does not limit the amount and it seemed to work out over there.....

dave

Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU View Post
    Joel,

Thanks for responding back to me so quickly and for the analogy although it still makes no sense. The forum is not liable so why the amount. The hockey forum does not limit the amount and it seemed to work out over there.....

dave
    Hi Dave,

Let me place emphasis on a certain part of the analogy.

The simplest way I can explain this $500 limit is it being analogous to a school having a school policy that students cannot carry over $20 to school. The policy prevents possible theft of large amount of money that the school is not liable for and it prevents the possible problems that the theft of say $100 would have on the school learning environment. In our case, the limit is $500 and the learning environment is the entire GUU forum.

Another school (your hockey forum) may not have such a school policy and that is their right as a school. Some students feel that such a school policy makes for a safer learning environment, where learning has more importance over other activities. Other students feel the school policy is unnecessary and overprotective.

A school policy of a $20 limit was unheard of back in the days. Unfortunately, such preventive policies are becoming more commonplace everywhere not just schools. For example, I take off my shoes at the airport to make travelers feel safer. Is it an inconvenience for me? Yes. Do I understand why the policy is in place? Yes.

The GUU mission is ”to bring game used collectors together and help hobbyists educate each other.” Personally, I like the emphasis on education and it is the main reason I come to the forum. Would it be an inconvenience for me to not be able to list my game used Alex Rodriguez bat on the CtoC section if I wanted to? Yes. Do I understand why the policy is in place? Yes.

Dave, I respect your position. Let's agree to disagree on this issue.

Regards,

Joel
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.