Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hey guys...

Re: Hey guys...

Quote Originally Posted by posada20 View Post
    (Never seen so much drama on a forum. I am still wondering why would one attack another on game used items?)
    This is true. It is also the reason a chat/off-topic forum is a BAD IDEA. Bad blood will spill over into other topics and make for ugly posts.
    There are countless forums about countless subjects. Let's keep this forum sacred. I think random sports discussion is off-topic and can be discussed on many other sites. I am guilty of innocent sports talk in the past. It's very simple: if you have anything bad to say about my favorite team, then I hate your guts. There aren't many forums about game used and game worn sports memorabilia.

I would suggest that anyone who wants to see a tightly run and moderated site check out Orioles Hangout. The founder (Tony Pente) and the moderators do a fine job of keeping things in check and making sure that everyone plays nice (for the most part).

DCGreg and Nick - I echo the other's thoughts offered here. Thank you for stepping up and agreeing to keep us within the boundaries that this great forum was created for and has allowed so many of us to make new friends, grow our personal collections (I started collecting game used college football helmets and through exposure to this forum I have added -started collected MLB bats!), and grown my personal knowledge base due to the facts and information shared by all.

Tom

Go State! NC State grad 1981

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TNTtoys View Post
    All,

As a new moderator to this forum, I want to take a few moments and voice what's on my mind. I volunteered because I have been a steady contributor on this site for the past 4 years, where in that time, I believed in its mission and in turn invested a great deal of my personal time into it... and it was all about give and take. I learned a phenomenal amount of information from the experts here and was able to share my level of knowledge of Mets equipment with anyone who needed a hand. Apart from the obvious purposes of this forum, it was through GUU that I forged friendships that I know I will have for my lifetime.

It would be ridiculous to ignore the fact that there has been a lot of bickering and personal attacking going on here. Otherwise productive threads have gone by the wayside because the fighting just seems to hijack things. Some of it is intentional as we are all aware of.

I want you to know that I (as someone who has invested a great deal of time in this forum) along with the other new moderators aim to clean this up and make it what it once was. I still see the good in this place and hope to make a positive impact here.

Nick
    Since in the good heart of the forum and of course I woudn't want a good thread to go unspoiled. Let me say this What were they thinking when they hired TNT to moderate????? Oh well there goes the neighborhood lol lol

Just Kidding!!

Congratulations TNT!!! I know you will do a great job.

P.S. since we are good friends I know you will not play favortisim with me (wink wink) lol

Who are the 5 New Mods. You should list your screen name with your real name beside it. Thanks.

LB

Quote Originally Posted by larry bourget View Post
    Who are the 5 New Mods. You should list your screen name with your real name beside it. Thanks.

LB
    Larry - I am 1 of the 5 new Moderators. My info and real name, etc. are in my signature line.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by larry bourget View Post

LB
    Hello Everyone,

We are very pleased to announce that an annual committee has been formed to help moderate the forum. The committee of the first annual term will consist of five individuals: David Louie (metsbats), Andrew Lang (allstarsplus), Greg Guy (dcgreg25), Nick DiSalvo (TNTtoys) and Joel Sabalza (joelsabi). All of these individuals are veteran members and have contributed to the forum in many ways. Please welcome them to the moderating committee and join me in thanking them for their assistance and supporting them in their efforts.

I also want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who responded to our request for volunteering for the moderating committee. Many people responded, which is indicative of the fact that people care about the community and are willing to help to continue making this a great place for everyone. Due to the size of the committee, which we believe matches the needs of the forum, choosing the moderating members was a very, very difficult decision because we felt everyone who volunteered would have done a great job. Notably, the annual committee will be refilled each year and there will be opportunities for others to serve. In addition, the current committee will be selecting back-ups from the list of the volunteers to help as soon as they have the opportunity to get everything in place.

This is also a perfect time to extend our sincere appreciation to those who have moderated this forum for the past several years. Their efforts and accomplishments have been tremendous. Moderating forums is far from an easy task. I am sure they welcome a much deserved break J. Mike Specht and I will continue to serve in an advisory role and help where needed.

We are excited to have the new committee to help guide and moderate the forum. We look forward to the forum continuing to grow and be a great resource for collectors.

Should be about time for a new autograph forum moderator.

I won't go into detail about this.

I do vote for sammy.

Cheers

I would suggest that the $500 limit on game used items in the classified section be lifted, limiting it to that amount never made sense to me

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU View Post
    I would suggest that the $500 limit on game used items in the classified section be lifted, limiting it to that amount never made sense to me

Dave
    While I appreciate your suggestion, it's doubtful that the price limit will be lifted. One of the reasons it was put into place was so GUU would not be held liable for any big-dollar transactions that would go poorly. Therefore, I think they still want it to be in place.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408