Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Re: Show me your Game Used NFL Helmet

I guess I am not still totally clear where the helmet "originated" as I was told originally it was through AJ and this charity and then through the former Buckeye and teammate. Once I have a better understanding I am happy to share, but even though I have strong ideas I really have no true knowledge as one is blaming the other and I still don't have all the information I need to get my money back. I am not trying to withhold information and want to share but at the same time I don't want to keep posting speculations that may change to even make the story more of a tangled mess. I hope that makes sense and is understandable, and neither the charity (which I am still not exactly sure who it is) nor the former player and teammate has so far taken responsibility. Once things start to clear, I will be happy to post what happened, but it is a pretty fluid thing right now and again, don't want to keep the web tangling if I can wait to find out more info to actually help untangle. All I can say for those out there that no source , no matter how airtight it may seem, should be trusted without seeing the product first. Lessons unfortunately others have learned and I just did, but hopefully this will help others from thinking because of a person's stature (or I hate to think a non-profit) that they are above doing something like this.

Happens to the best of 'em. Just a little while ago AMI had a supposed Steve Largent gamer up for auction, and even listed the two possible games it was worn in. Add to that, it had a COA from the equipment manager. Ok, I don't have the time to tell you all the details, yet, I'm quite positive that helmet was never worn in those games, or, in any game on top of Largent's head. In the end, someone ended up shellin' out $2400, or so, for it. I wouldn't have given more than $300 since some of the components looked legit, just not as a whole.

I suspect this equipment manager found a few extra components and put this Largent helmet together.

Quote Originally Posted by cohibasmoker View Post
    Ah - you did see my post. How about the friendly bet? The American Cancer Society can always use a little extra cash. You in?

Jim
    Jim:
    Yes, I saw your post, but did not understand what you wanted to bet. Are you betting that I don't know what you paid for the helmet, because I do - helmet collectors as you know is a small tight group - and those that collect Packer helmets is even smaller - or are you betting that you will keep the helmet a day longer than I suggested - before you put it up for sale?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by helmets View Post
    Jim:
    Yes, I saw your post, but did not understand what you wanted to bet. Are you betting that I don't know what you paid for the helmet, because I do - helmet collectors as you know is a small tight group - and those that collect Packer helmets is even smaller - or are you betting that you will keep the helmet a day longer than I suggested - before you put it up for sale?

So the bet would be based on as you say, are you betting that you will keep the helmet a day longer than I suggested - before you put it up for sale?

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

Just put this TK-2 together from original spare parts. Brief writeup on it here.

Smile Re: Show me your Game Used NFL Helmet

i am a NFL fan,especially like sains,i like him best.contact us :

just thought i would put up a few things on here that i got. Marc Bulger game used helmet, Jay Williams game used helmet, Marc Bulger game used jersey, Mike Furrey game used jersey, Jamie Martin game used pants, Jackie Slater practice used jersey. others i have but dont got pics of right now are Tommy Polley game used helmet, sean moran game used jersey,trent green game used jersey.
    Attached Images Attached Images          

The Jackie Slater practice jersey is available if anyone interested. 300 dollars. i can get more pictures of it put up, it shows use, and is a great jersey for a collection

Just acquired this 2009 Minnesota Vikings helmet worn by Albert Young. It was originally recently sold by JO Sports. I was able to acquire it from another collector who I connected with via GUU who graciously offered to sell it to me (thanks Jack!). I was able to find a photo match. A very nice addition to my collection.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Awesome photomatch and your welcome on the sale, glad you were happy to get it.

Jack