Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Namath collection

I came across this randomly today and thought a few of the Jets fans (did I spell that right?) might want to see this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnFaw...eature=related

Anyone else know of any High Schools with sports collections? The high school I went to was the same one Ric Flair went to, but all we have is a high school wrestling plaque.
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

Re: Namath collection

I went to the same high school as Michael Phelps...but was a couple years ahead of him. To my knowledge they don't have any items from him, but they did rename the street the school is on after him...Cedar Ave to Michael Phelps Way (or something like that).

wade

Quote Originally Posted by ivo610 View Post
    I came across this randomly today and thought a few of the Jets fans (did I spell that right?) might want to see this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnFaw...eature=related

Anyone else know of any High Schools with sports collections? The high school I went to was the same one Ric Flair went to, but all we have is a high school wrestling plaque.
    In the documentary "hoops dreams" that showed a display case with Isiah Thomas high school jersey. I think they mentioned it was stolen and replaced with a replica.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Banned

My alma mater, Luther High School North (class of 1975), has a dismal record of sending athletes to the pros. The only one I am aware of was a guy named Gary Puetz, a rather pedestrian OL for the Jets in the 1970s. His sister was in my graduating class...nice and sweet, but rather ditzy. His shrine consisted of one 16x20 head shot of him in a Jets uniform.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Banned

Sadly no pros in any sport have gone to my high school. But many have gone to nearby high schools including Craig Biggio, Pete Harnisch, Boomer Esiason and Tony Graffaino. However, Lori Loughlin the actress went there.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Sadly no pros in any sport have gone to my high school. But many have gone to nearby high schools including Craig Biggio, Pete Harnisch, Boomer Esiason and Tony Graffaino. However, Lori Loughlin the actress went there.
    Any displays that you know of?

I have always wanted to see if SVSM the school lebron went to has much displayed.
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ivo610 View Post
    Any displays that you know of?

I have always wanted to see if SVSM the school lebron went to has much displayed.
    Not sure but if Biggio does not rate a display who does?

Ryan

NFL game used collector

Ryan,

What was the name and location of the High School that you and "The Nature Boy" went to? Or should I say: "The kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin', airplane flying, limousine riding, 16x champion, son of a gun!" Wooooooooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by jays78 View Post
    Ryan,

What was the name and location of the High School that you and "The Nature Boy" went to? Or should I say: "The kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin', airplane flying, limousine riding, 16x champion, son of a gun!" Wooooooooooo!
    The Naitch and I went to Wayland Academy in Wisconsin. He was born in MN and still has family there last I heard.
    Ryan

NFL game used collector