Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

cool base is garbage

i think the new cool base shirts are low quality and inferior to the past shirts... the teams have it made, they buy this product and dump it on the fans for triple or more value....the collectors dont wash or wear the uniforms so in effect the tops could be made of paper....any collectors wash and wear their jerseys and feel the same way? these cool base shirts would never last to recycle to minor leagues..

Re: cool base is garbage

Yea, I'm sure the very first thing comes to mind of players and Majestic, is the collectors. Polyester sucks in the summer. I've played baseball all my life and the Coolbase Jerseys are godsends.

I definitely agree with you. The material is flimsy and will not last. The cool base jerseys I have in my collection of course are never going to be washed. I do have three cool based jerseys which I purchased from the Mets (all game issued) which I will personally use at baseball camps. I prefer the old school non-cool bases anyday because I noticed the cool-base jerseys will snag easier and will definitely not last the test of time wash after wash like the non-cool base jerseys.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

"Made to Last" is not a requirement for MLB team or players. The players like them and that is the most important thing. The teams no longer only issue 2 per player for the season and then recycle to the minors. If it wears out /damaged the teams just sell it and give the player a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by flaco1801 View Post
    i think the new cool base shirts are low quality and inferior to the past shirts... the teams have it made, they buy this product and dump it on the fans for triple or more value....the collectors dont wash or wear the uniforms so in effect the tops could be made of paper....any collectors wash and wear their jerseys and feel the same way? these cool base shirts would never last to recycle to minor leagues..
    Jeff
    I realize you are a rational person, who will not debate the person who insulted you. Majestic sucks donkeys and whatever this coolbase you speak of is, probably blows chipmunks.
    BTPH

Plus Majestic gets to sell them more.

All valid points.

This is probably why we don't see cool base pants as they would rip the first time a player slides into a base.

For me personally if I sink in 100-150 dollars for a jersey I need them to last (due to finanical reasons) so I'll put up with the heat of a non cool base jersey for a few hours. I went to a camp last summer and I think I was the only guy wearing a coolbase jersey. But they certainly are more comfortable to wear than the old school jerseys.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

warren, u know me well....

Quote Originally Posted by flaco1801 View Post
    are you taking about the practice or warmup shirt only? what teams are using cool base shirts during an actual game?
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    are you taking about the practice or warmup shirt only? what teams are using cool base shirts during an actual game?
    The Red's use Cool Base. I have a few from the 2009 season as regular jerseys.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post

I could be wrong but I think almost all MLB teams are using cool base jerseys (home and road) during games not just BP. I know the Yankees use cool-base for BP and do not use cool base for regular games. I don't believe the Yankees are using the cool flo helmets either.

Correct me if i'm wrong.
    metsbats86@aol.com