Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: I finally acquired my Rollins gamer/grail

Quote Originally Posted by lowell25 View Post
    Awesome, I was watching this on mlbauctions. I couldn't spend that much, my wife would have KILLED me. Nice piece to your collection.
    Yeah, it is easily the most expensive item I have purchased but I would have been upset with myself if I had let this one get away because I probably would not have had the chance at an item like this anytime soon.

Safe to say my spending on game used will be greatly reduced for the foreseeable future but to me it was worth it.

Anybody have a link to the auction?
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by chakes89 View Post
    Anybody have a link to the auction?
    http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncomm...unbr=113675736

Congratulations Dewey on acquiring your new centerpiece to the Alameda Sports Project. I know you have worked hard to make the project a reality and you getting this gem is only fitting. I hope your efforts will be appreciated by the Alameda community.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Very nice WS Gamer. I was watching this one as well until you dropped crazy bank on it and shut down the auction. I'm sure you guys already know that Rollins sells game used stuff on his official website. In addition, the Phil's usually auction his stuff at the stadium or sell at the stadium store. I remember last year seeing a cracked Rollins bat for $250 at the store.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    Congratulations Dewey on acquiring your new centerpiece to the Alameda Sports Project. I know you have worked hard to make the project a reality and you getting this gem is only fitting. I hope your efforts will be appreciated by the Alameda community.
    Joel, thanks for the kind words. The project has been something that's been fun to do and something that I've been working hard at keeping up especially the website. I'm always trying to add new info or update the info I have through more research. Anyhow, I'm happy to say, we will be hosting our 2nd Annual exhibit later on this summer.

You know, I think my efforts will be appreciated but to most they will have no real idea of the significance of an item like a WS jersey. Most don't really know about the hobby and to them it's just a cool item in an exhibit. It's really all of you guys on the board that understand and know what it means to add a special piece to your collection whatever it may be.

Nice pick-up, Dewey!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by philsfan View Post
    Very nice WS Gamer. I was watching this one as well until you dropped crazy bank on it and shut down the auction. I'm sure you guys already know that Rollins sells game used stuff on his official website. In addition, the Phil's usually auction his stuff at the stadium or sell at the stadium store. I remember last year seeing a cracked Rollins bat for $250 at the store.
    Wow the prices on his site are steep. $750 for a signed cracked bat that in the site's own words the exact game used is not documented for and they have no jerseys. Dewey got a good deal all things considering it may be the only Rollins WS jersey to ever hit the market and Rollins oneday could possibly make the HOF.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Dewey got a good deal all things considering it may be the only Rollins WS jersey to ever hit the market and Rollins oneday could possibly make the HOF.
    legaleagle92481, let's hope your right on both points...

Quote Originally Posted by philsfan View Post
    When did they sell a bat for $250? I remember seeing one for $450 in September that I decided to pass on.

Chris