Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: cool base is garbage

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    I could be wrong but I think almost all MLB teams are using cool base jerseys (home and road) during games not just BP. I know the Yankees use cool-base for BP and do not use cool base for regular games. I don't believe the Yankees are using the cool flo helmets either.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

yes i was looking at auctions for Yankee BP shirts thru steiner awhile back.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

The Rockies use CoolBase... but only Home White and Home White Vests I believe currently.

The Giambi gamer I just picked up is a CoolBase.

- Chris

not too big of the jocktagging for the cool base jerseys, does anyone know why they couldn't use the same fabrics ones like with the polyester jersey?

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    The Rockies use CoolBase... but only Home White and Home White Vests I believe currently.

The Giambi gamer I just picked up is a CoolBase.

- Chris
    good to know. i thought it was cool base on alternate jerseys, which the yankees do no have.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Braves switched over to all Cool Base. My 2009 Blue is Cool Base, as is my White 2008 and Red 2007.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

One thing to remember is that there is more than one type of Cool Base material. What's currently being used for the game jerseys is what was used for BPs between 2004-2007. What's currently being used for BPs was previously used for what, soccer jerseys?
    And if you want to talk discomfort: ever hefted a 100% NYLON jersey? Nasty...seriously nasty.

I have a nylon Expos jersey and it is very heavy for a jersey. I think it's neat though since, they were the only and last team (I believe) to use them at that time (2004).

Banned

The Dodgers switched strictly to all cool base last year.

The majority, if not all, of the Pirates '09 jerseys I saw recently were Cool Base. Jay.

For the last couple of years, it was up to the individual player to opt to wear the cool base jerseys. Lately there are teams that are switching to exclusive cool base. I also heard rumor last year that all teams will be making the change in the next years. I'm not really sure if its a money thing, I'd almost expect the cool base to have a higher price to the teams.

We can only hope for a new MLB contract jersey manufacturer when Majestic's current one if up.