Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Very sad day for my collection

Quote Originally Posted by yankees.stub View Post
    You said it there .... Now wonder, how many items were destroyed and fans and collectors alike ....getting tired quickly.

Another thing, have you check the value of the CUT UP cards, say like 10 years back, and now? It really not even worth it.

I still have the very first Ken Griffey Jr. cut up - got so excited and send it to PSA. Get back a 9 ... thinking about selling it but then decide not to ...

Now, these are a dime a dozen.
    Game used was a craze, but it was the same thing with 90s inserts. And look how they bottomed out. Now there's a resurgence in interest.

I don't think you can say that the game used craze was entirely about profits and capitalism. They are aesthetically pretty pleasing.

Jeff Bagwell 2006 Exquisite 1/1 Patches

I would never sell these Bagwell cards, and they provided me so much enjoyment. Maybe they don't mean as much now, but back then, I didn't know where to find whole Bagwell game used jerseys.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    It was worst idea ever invented. So somebody can say I own a thumb sized swatch of x players game used jersey. But on the flip side it makes these things rarer as it takes one more out of the marketplace. Though it sucks big time if your looking for that item and it is so rare you cannot find another. Hojo used to be my favorite player actually so you have my symphaties.

With any stupid idea to work, someone will have to listen and buy into the crap they are selling.

I used to support the idea - running out and spend money on boxes and boxes and hoping to get a piece of jersey. It is a rush - get something really rare for very minimal money.

But when you dont, you continue to buy more boxes and even cases to get to the prize.

If I can go back and stop wasting money on packs, boxes and cases .... I would owned more stuff I desired!

IMO it is very stupid to do this, although the only reason card companies do this is because they make more money. If you are serious enough about the game you would be willing to buy the whole game used bat or jersey and not a little piece. Just my $0.02

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Manram View Post
    IMO it is very stupid to do this, although the only reason card companies do this is because they make more money. If you are serious enough about the game you would be willing to buy the whole game used bat or jersey and not a little piece. Just my $0.02

I would - if my bills allow of course.

If not, there is always the Hall Of Fame museum ... just like window shopping.

My holy-grail : a Thurman Munson bat - game used. It must documented.

Seen one on eB.... not to crazy about it!

this may sound crazy but those little jersey cards and pieces of bats is exactly what got me back into collecting in the late 90's. It had probably been ten years since i bought anything baseball related. Its sad to see old jerseys getting cut up but i guess the owner can do with them as they please.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Moral of the story is that if you pass on an item, thinking that it will come back your way someday, there is that chance that it won't. You just may be losing that item to someone who has intentions to destroy it...
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TNTtoys View Post
    Moral of the story is that if you pass on an item, thinking that it will come back your way someday, there is that chance that it won't. You just may be losing that item to someone who has intentions to destroy it...

Well said....

You have my condolences....

Now please ... dont go and bid on one just for the sake of having something instead of nothing ..... guilt will kill you.

How many road jersey did they wear during that time?

Jojo

Banned

[quote=yankees.stub;186593]So with the same attitude ... why dont we cut up the priceless arts, declaration of independent (the day that they cut that up in pieces for the sake of sharing, that will be the day I will boycott that company completely).

I proposed in another thread that some card company should by a T206 Honus Wagner card and cut it up to stick in insert cards. Of course, to card companies, swatch cards are only a good idea when you're destroying items that AREN'T cards. The same collectors who get semi-orgasmic at an A-Rod, Ruth, or Mays game-used jersey or bat card would probably burn the place down if they cut up an iconic item from THEIR hobby.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Banned

How can you tell whose bat or jersey it really is on the little swatch or bat piece. With the price of game used items surprising card companies do not cut corners and buy a bunch of common player items for a song cut them up and put them on cards as belonging to stars.