Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: 1909 t-206

Talking 1909 t-206

Hi
    My local auction is having two 1909 t-206 baseball cards. The cards are Frank home run baker and Joe tinker. I need your help them. I know the photos stink but that what they had. I need to know how much you think they are worth by the photo and if your like one's then still how much then are they still worth.

Re: 1909 t-206

You can't really tell anything from those photos, but usually when you see corners perfectly rounded like that the cards are fakes....If they are not fakes then those cards in that condition are worth about $40 each.

i used my beckett account to check the values and:

Frank Baker: $400
    Joe tinker: $600

Now when i go to the auction this week. What is a good way to tell if their fake or not.

Bring a jeweler's loupe with you and check to see if the background color on the front of the card is solid or made up of many small dots. Look for the same thing on the black border of the card and the player's name. The real one are solid printing, while the reprints are the tiny dot structure.

Barring that, look to see if the words CHEAP FAKE or WORTHLESS REPRINT or GOTCHA SUCKER appear anywhere on the card

Kevin

Banned

If you like to collect these cards you would be surprised how many of these you can pick up on ebay. Real ones for cheap.

I picked up, just for the sake of having one, on ebay in poor condition for $10.

Thats why to me to go through an auction house for cards can be such a rip off sometimes.

You can get those same cards from ebay for less!!!