Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jamal Lewis NFL Auctions Jersey

I was browsing the latest jerseys added to the NFL Auctions and noticed the home brown Jamal Lewis GU Cleveland Browns jersey with pink captain's patch that just went up for auction. Unless I am missing something, the Browns only wore their brown home jersey once where the captains had the pink patches and that was during the October 4th game vs. Cincinnati. Unfortunately, Lewis was inactive for that game due to injury.

I looked at the later games in the month including October 11th vs. Buffalo (white jerseys) October 18th vs. Pittsburgh (white jerseys), and October 25th vs. Green Bay (brown patch). In searching Getty, there were no images of Lewis wearing a brown jersey with a pink captains patch during the season. Unless the jersey was used earlier in the season, and the patch was added, the jersey was likely game issued.

I have emailed NFL auctions as I would imagine this was an oversight given the volume of jerseys they are selling but wanted to mention this on the forum in case any members were looking at the jersey. I will post what I hear back.

Re: Jamal Lewis NFL Auctions Jersey

I saw that it had little to no wear but didnt think anything of it because of the low quality in pictures.

Banned

They had a Brackett Colts jersey about a month ago that was the same. Pink "C" patch and it said Game Used. The listing didn't specify which game. Brackett was inactive for two games in October, which probably accounted for the low selling price($500). Which was the only reason it caught my eye being exclusively a Chicago Bears collector. They are not putting the "game-issued" title on these. Like you said, probably just an oversight.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dcgreg25 View Post
    I was browsing the latest jerseys added to the NFL Auctions and noticed the home brown Jamal Lewis GU Cleveland Browns jersey with pink captain's patch that just went up for auction. Unless I am missing something, the Browns only wore their brown home jersey once where the captains had the pink patches and that was during the October 4th game vs. Cincinnati. Unfortunately, Lewis was inactive for that game due to injury.

I looked at the later games in the month including October 11th vs. Buffalo (white jerseys) October 18th vs. Pittsburgh (white jerseys), and October 25th vs. Green Bay (brown patch). In searching Getty, there were no images of Lewis wearing a brown jersey with a pink captains patch during the season. Unless the jersey was used earlier in the season, and the patch was added, the jersey was likely game issued.

I have emailed NFL auctions as I would imagine this was an oversight given the volume of jerseys they are selling but wanted to mention this on the forum in case any members were looking at the jersey. I will post what I hear back.
    Thanks so much for posting this I was going to bid on it actually you saved me some money. Although the pics are not always accurate my Williams' jerseys had tremendous wear and the pics did not reflect that and I recall jhunt saying the same thing in another thread about his Jake Long jersey. But jamal has been out for awhile and I searched back also after seeing this post and you appear to be right. Usually they label them as issued as they did with the Giants jerseys and a Joey Porter. However, here is my thought could he have not played but been active for the game in case of an emergency? Or had he been declared out for the year at that point already? The reason I say this is because if someone wore the jersey but did not play they still consider it game used as was the case with the Erik Ainge Jets jersey they had on there.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    However, here is my thought could he have not played but been active for the game in case of an emergency? Or had he been declared out for the year at that point already? The reason I say this is because if someone wore the jersey but did not play they still consider it game used as was the case with the Erik Ainge Jets jersey they had on there.
    Happy to help out- thats what the board is all about. I was pretty disappointed as I regreted not bidding more on the other Lewis jersey that sold.

I did check on the inactive question and according to this link on nfl.com Lewis was one of the players the Browns listed as inactive before the game.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/10/04/lewi...ve-for-browns/

Great post dcgreg! I too was interested and wondered why it was relatively low in the bidding. This answers alot.

Happy to help out guys.

Below is the response from nflauctions I received this morning. It appears to confirm that the jersey is just GI. I may still bid as it is a nice jersey just at a lot lower price.

Sent: Friday, January 08, 2010 9:58 AM
    To: Greg Guy
    Subject: RE: Jamal Lewis Jersey

It was probably just game issued not worn…

That was a very weak answer by them. A better answer would be, "thank you for calling this to our attention. We will immediately change the listing of the item to reflect this information, and notify all bidders such that they can retract their bids if they desire. In appreciation for your help, here is a $50 credit for your next purchase." But of course, not the nature of this business unfortunately.
    Nice job alerting everyone, Greg.

-Mike
    -Mike

Always looking for Notre Dame memorabilia
    Private messages ARE enabled

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by beavisrules View Post
    That was a very weak answer by them. A better answer would be, "thank you for calling this to our attention. We will immediately change the listing of the item to reflect this information, and notify all bidders such that they can retract their bids if they desire. In appreciation for your help, here is a $50 credit for your next purchase." But of course, not the nature of this business unfortunately.
    Nice job alerting everyone, Greg.

-Mike
    I'd seriously doubt a $50 credit is realistic. LOL In my dealings with NFL Auctions, I have had similar incidents. My biggest problem(besides the crazy prices things go for) with NFL Auctions is those 1 sentence(Sometimes a 4 word phrase) descriptions of items. They give you no details, and sometimes not at all. For the high prices these things go for, I WANT MORE ! Is it to much to ask for, to get the game a jersey/cleats came from ? WE ARE COLLECTORS, little details matter. And if I'm dropping a couple grand on a jersey.(Which is a lot of coin for me, unlike a couple of the millionaires on here who get on me and others for bitching about high prices.) As a collector I need to know more about the item.

Uh-Oh there I go bitching about prices again ! The millionaires will be ripping me a part soon ! LOL Or maybe We should all just fork over thousands of dollars for items worth a couple hundred described with a 4 word phrase and two crappy photos !

Banned

Happy to help out guys.

Below is the response from nflauctions I received this morning. It appears to confirm that the jersey is just GI. I may still bid as it is a nice jersey just at a lot lower price.

Sent: Friday, January 08, 2010 9:58 AM
    To: Greg Guy
    Subject: RE: Jamal Lewis Jersey

That puts you at a disadvantage though ! Because other bidders are going to be raising the price because they think it's game used. I doubt it will go for a lower price the way some of the idiots on there bid on game used jerseys. LOL The way to have it would be to have them make the mistake of listing it as "Game-Issued" and have it actually be "Game-Used". Instead it's the reverse which will cause an inflated price. This is the byproduct of NFL Auctions' lack of effort in describing things. The poor Chump that wins it, and pays too much for it, and later finds out it's "Game-issued" is screwed. Because,"SORRY NFL AUCTIONS GIVES NO REFUNDS." It's a joke, and another reason we all need to be careful with our money. Unless of course you are one of our select members of the "Billionaire Boys Club." LOL