Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

2005 SHAUN ALEXANDER Game Used Seahawks Road Jersey PSI

Has anyone had any contact with eBay seller: prosportsinvestments in the past two days? Monday morning around 6:30AM Central I sent them the following email through the eBay system:

-------------------------------------------------------------
    trsent( 5521)Positive Feedback:99.6%Member Since:Jun-15-98Location:IL, United StatesRegistered On:www.ebay.com

Item: 2005 SHAUN ALEXANDER Game Used Seahawks Road Jersey PSI (8830690466) This message was sent while the listing was active.trsent is a potential buyer.

I am always looking for Seahawks jerseys as I have a customer who collects them exclusively. I was interested in the Shawn Alexander jersey you were offering, but it appears that the letters A do not match with any game used jerseys from that season.

I had this issue with previous Seahawks jerseys where I was offered game used jerseys with the same font used in the letter A (Mainly from a Matt Hasslebeck), but I searched every game photo from every player and I couldn't find anyone who ever had the letter A type-set as such in any photographs.

Could you please explain if there is something I am missing that makes your jersey special that maybe I missed?

Thanks!

Joel

-------------------------------------------------------------

Monday night around 7:00PM Central I sent the same message to the email address listed in the listing. I then sent the message through the eBay system again Tuesday night just prior to 6:00PM. I am sorry if the seller is not available, but I have given them over two days to respond.

Here are the two photos from the auction of the font in the letter "A" that I have in question:

Name:  Alex 1.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  154.2 KB
    Name:  Alex 2.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  144.6 KB

Now, here are three photos from games in 2005 of Shaun Alexander in a white road jersey and notice the different font in the letters "A" in the name "Alexander" on the back of the jersey:

Name:  Alex 11.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  50.3 KB
    Name:  Alex 12.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  29.3 KB
    Name:  Alex 13.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  44.8 KB

I do not know if the jersey being offered is genuine, and I have asked the sellers and now I also ask the members of this community, can anyone help me find what I am looking for to style-match this jersey? I have returned a Matt Hasslebeck jersey already over this same issue. I have looked at other player's home and road jerseys from the 2005 season, and I never could find one player who had this style of font used for the letter "A" on the name-plate on the back of the jersey.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: 2005 SHAUN ALEXANDER Game Used Seahawks Road Jersey PSI

Joel,

If you go to WWW.gameexclusives.com, they have a authentic Shaun jersey for sale.

Adam

Banned

Adam, thanks, here is their photo of a 2005 Shaun Alexander White Road Jersey:

Name:  Alex 14.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  26.4 KB

Notice the letter "A" matches the game photos I have shown. I just wonder if maybe there was a game photo that I cannot find of Alexander or a teammate that has a font that matches the jersey listed on eBay.

Banned

I received a reply from PSI today:

"HI

THE JERSEY SHOWS GREAT GAME USE AND WE ACQUIRED IT DIRECTLY. I HAVE NOT HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO RESEARCH WHAT STYLE FONTS WERE USED FOR EACH LETTER ON THE NAMES. I WILL CHECK WITH THE TEAM TO FIND OUT IF THEY USED ANY OTHER "

I emailed them asking for what they find. I made it clear, I would like to find a style match of that lettering from 2005, but I personally have investigated this myself for hours with no luck. I hope they find something positive out because I am interested in this jersey, but also it would be a shame if this jersey sold and it couldn't even be style matched in a photograph. There are photos available from every game in 2005!

Psi
    Is Bernie's Compnay..he Seemed To Drop The Ball On All The Football Jereys Is Historicauctions. Let That Speak For Itself. I Would Not Touch That Alexander Jersey. Photo's Dont Lie People Do!

Quote Originally Posted by trsent
    I received a reply from PSI today:

"HI

THE JERSEY SHOWS GREAT GAME USE AND WE ACQUIRED IT DIRECTLY. I HAVE NOT HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO RESEARCH WHAT STYLE FONTS WERE USED FOR EACH LETTER ON THE NAMES. I WILL CHECK WITH THE TEAM TO FIND OUT IF THEY USED ANY OTHER "
    Joel-

Did Bernie check back with you on this matter? The item is to close soon and it's over $900.
    Eric

Joel-

Did you ever get a response about the nameplate?
    The item sold for $1,562.00
    Eric

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Joel-

Did you ever get a response about the nameplate?
    The item sold for $1,562.00
    Eric
    Yes, I did receive the following reply last night and I just logged back in today:
    -------- Original Message --------
    Subject: Re: Question for item #8830690466 - 2005 SHAUN ALEXANDER Game
    Used Seahawks R...
    Date: Tue, June 27, 2006 7:19 pm
    To: joel@alpert.net

Joel

My connection with the individual from Seattle has only told me that the jersey was indeed worn by Shaun. I find the font interesting myself but I also know there are many inconsistencies with modern NFL jerseys, so many that I have documented them to the best of my ability over the past 3-4 years. More than you can imagine or care to know about.

The team repairs, and other factors are exact to other Seattle jerseys I have received from them. I always tell collectors that in regard to discrepancies whether it be in the year on neck swatches, patches, Reebok logos, and name fonts: the players don't wear them for us and for sure the equipment managers don't inspect them for all things being accurate before they go on the field.

Regards, Bernie

PSI - Pro Sports Investments, Inc.
    P.O. Box 100
    Howell, NJ 07731

Main Office - 1.732.905.7977
    www.ProSportsInvestments.com
    Sales@ProSportsInvestments.com

"But whoever denies me before men, I will deny him before my Father in Heaven." Matthew 10:33
    I replied to Bernie and told him after watching tape of games from 2005 and looking at photos from Getty and Beckett - I couldn't find one player with that font used. I did not hear back from him this morning. I would have bought that jersey for more than the high bid if the lettering could have been verified.

I don't care about team repairs and use if the item cannot be style matched for a name-plate font. I feel the buyer of this jersey has a jersey that cannot be authenticated elsewhere, so it is useless to me personally. There are photos from every game available for 2005, so somewhere there should be a photo of that font in use.

Remember, I once returned a Matt Hasslebeck to a seller due to the same exact font issue.

Banned

I still have not received a reply from PSI about my continued concerns that I emailed them on Tuesday. I guess their company policy based on this auction and our discussions tells me that this company will buy items from their source and will accept all items as genuine from their source even if photographic style-matching is not available.

In other words, their source is more valulable to their certification than simple font lettering style matching on a player's alleged game used jersey.

Again, my issue is that I have spent hours on this project (even before the PSI jersey was listed) attempting to find game photos or video images with any Seattle Seahawk player in 2005 wearing a jersey with the font used for the letter "A" as shown in the previous photos from the PSI jersey on auction.

I cannot find one player (yes, I watched some game film also to verify this statement as Getty and Beckett didn't help me with my style-match either) who has such a font used. I asked them to help me find such, they couldn't. I asked the forum members to help me find such, they couldn't.

this may be certainly OT but do religious passages/phrases (such as from Bernie) have any place in the game used forum (generally speaking...I personally see them as a smoke screen)?