Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Re: 2005 SHAUN ALEXANDER Game Used Seahawks Road Jersey PSI

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan
    this may be certainly OT but do religious passages/phrases (such as from Bernie) have any place in the game used forum (generally speaking...I personally see them as a smoke screen)?
    For reasons that I am not accused of editing anything, I reprinted the entire email from top to bottom word for word.

I am not religious myself, but it is his signature file with the email that I posted, so it is part of the discussion.

As Dave Allen used to say at the end of every episode of Dave Allen At Large, "Good night and may your god be with you".

It would seem to me that with all of the questions that were pointed out to the seller by Joel and the fact that Joel had reviewed countless hours of film, pictures, video etc. and could not find one example of this font style that the seller should have pulled the jersey from the auction prior to close until valid photgraphic evidence could be provided to match this jersey as being authentic.

Joel is right, it appears that the seller is standing by his souce implicitly however there is sufficient doubt that this jersey is what it is listed as and as the seller I would be very concerned moving forward with an auction if so much doubt existed about the authenticity of this jersey.

Brett

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mr.miracle
    It would seem to me that with all of the questions that were pointed out to the seller by Joel and the fact that Joel had reviewed countless hours of film, pictures, video etc. and could not find one example of this font style that the seller should have pulled the jersey from the auction prior to close until valid photgraphic evidence could be provided to match this jersey as being authentic.

Joel is right, it appears that the seller is standing by his souce implicitly however there is sufficient doubt that this jersey is what it is listed as and as the seller I would be very concerned moving forward with an auction if so much doubt existed about the authenticity of this jersey.

Brett
    Brett well put. I cannot figure myself why the seller went forward with the auction as all I asked is if they could find any photo-style-match of this item, even from a different player from 2005 with the font style shown for the letter "A". I would have paid more than the final strike price of this auction if I felt I could comfortably resell the item.

Looks like all of Bernie's Historic Auction jerseys made their way to Ebay.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZprosportsinvestments

All of a sudden the Peyton Mannings that were deemed not game used on this board at now listed as "un-used"

It seems like he gets every jersey in the NFL. What really bothers me is that this guy still clears about $10K a month selling fake stuff. When will people learn?

BigDiceBuddha

Quote Originally Posted by ldavis2261
    Looks like all of Bernie's Historic Auction jerseys made their way to Ebay.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZprosportsinvestments

All of a sudden the Peyton Mannings that were deemed not game used on this board at now listed as "un-used"

It seems like he gets every jersey in the NFL. What really bothers me is that this guy still clears about $10K a month selling fake stuff. When will people learn?
    That's a pretty harsh accusation. How do you know it's fake?

It is not really an accusation. More of a fact. Here is a search of the term "Peyton Manning" in previous listings on this forum:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...searchid=18846

After these posts were made about the dozens of Manning jerseys, they were imediately taken off ebay. Coincidence? I don't think so.

If you want, do a search of "Bernie" , "PSI", or "Historic Auctions" and you will see all of the postings about items like these.

FYI-

The same buyer who purchased the Alexander with the questionable nameplate thegreatpianomanalso purchased the "2005 PEYTON MANNING COLTS GAME ISSUED HOME JERSEY. ALL CUSTOM TAILORED READY FOR GAME USE." with the sleeves that have been questioned here for $654.

Happened to notice the buyer purchsed a lot of other items last night from the same seller
    2005 TIKI BARBER N.Y. GIANTS UN-USED GAME JERSEY PSI $711.13
    2005 CLINTON PORTIS GAME USED REDSKINS HOME JERSEY PSI $1,151.00
    2005 STEVEN JACKSON GAME USED RAMS HOME JERSEY PSI $910.00
    2005 JAKE DELHOMME GAME USED PANTHERS HOME JERSEY PSI $1,200.00
    2005 MARC BULGER GAME USED RAMS HOME JERSEY PSI $560.00
    2005 TRENT GREEN GAME USED CHIEFS HOME JERSEY PSI $1,025.00
    2005 ELI MANNING N.Y. GIANTS UN-USED GAME JERSEY PSI $1,125.00

$7336 in one night, not bad

Banned

He bought the Shaun Alexander jersey that I previously questioned. Bernie told me he told his customer about the difference in lettering and he had no issues with the jersey and he would still take it.

At least he didn't buy the 2005 Willis McGahee jersey that Bernie told me is tagged 2004 and used 2004 but he wouldn't update the auction listing page, he'd just notify the high bidder when the auction ended.

I had asked him about the jersey sleeves not being the style used by Willis in 2005 and he told me his source must have messed up and the jersey was only used in 2004 since it was tagged 2004 anyway.

"FEATURED FOR AUCTION IS A 2005 WILLIS MCGAHEE GAME USED BUFFALO BILLS HOME JERSEY. TAGGINGS SHOWS 2004 BUT WAS ACTUALLY WORN IN 2005 BY MCGAHEE AS THE BILLS ARE A FAMILIAR TEAM WHO CARRIES JERSEYS OVER. JERSEY SHOWS CONSISTENT WEAR INCLUDING HEAVY NUMBER PUCKERING, SPANDEX PILLING AND A MAJOR REPAIR ON THE LEFT SLEEVE. COMES WITH A LOA FROM PSI."

I just figured after telling me this before the auction ended Bernie would have put an extra line in the auction stating the jersey was only used in 2004. This would sure be a courtesy to anyone bidding. I hope the high bidder is notified before they make payment, but still why have an item incorrectly listed on eBay only to notify the customer once they are high bidder that there was a listing error?

"At PSI, authenticity is paramount, which is why we acquire all of our game used items directly from the players." - This is another quote from their auction. Just wondering if the source Bernie mentioned to me was Willis McGahee himself.