Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: "JCMS" inscription on Mauer gamer

Quote Originally Posted by MLB_Authentic View Post
    The listing on ebay is past the amount of time they keep them in the completed listings, but I specifically remember him stating thats where he obtained it. His ebay username is batbyproducts
    Thank you! I just sent a message to that ebay member.

Quote Originally Posted by staindsox View Post
    What is the batch number?

You may want to check and see if those letters have anything to do with Korey Feiner (Twins minor league catcher). Joe gave Korey some bats (I have seen 2 with use like the one in your possession). Not saying it isn't Joe's. But, for the tar pattern being that dark around the label, there should be more on the handle (with the way Joe slides his hands in between each pitch). Find the Mauer thread from November and December and check out mine and you'll see what I mean. Good luck.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by nomarmauerfan View Post
    You may want to check and see if those letters have anything to do with Korey Feiner (Twins minor league catcher). Joe gave Korey some bats (I have seen 2 with use like the one in your possession). Not saying it isn't Joe's. But, for the tar pattern being that dark around the label, there should be more on the handle (with the way Joe slides his hands in between each pitch). Find the Mauer thread from November and December and check out mine and you'll see what I mean. Good luck.

Mike
    Good point. The little pine tar transfer to the lower part of the handle has been a concern of mine since the barrel shows so much use.

Correct, the batch number is 96. Stamped beside the batch number is 08 and above it is JM7.

Good luck on the search. I guess you may need to wait until spring training.

I hopes its a tribute to his grandfather just because it makes for a great story with the bat and his grandfather's middle name is charles. only religious inscription i had known before was the wwjd on albert pujol hats and albert is always praising God. is joe known for being religious?

this article really talks about his grandfather a lot and the magazine would be great supplement if that is what is the explanation.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...16/1/index.htm
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    Good luck on the search. I guess you may need to wait until spring training.

I hopes its a tribute to his grandfather just because it makes for a great story with the bat and his grandfather's middle name is charles. only religious inscription i had known before was the wwjd on albert pujol hats and albert is always praising God. is joe known for being religious?

this article really talks about his grandfather a lot and the magazine would be great supplement if that is what is the explanation.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...16/1/index.htm
    Thank you. And many thanks to all who have contributed to this thread. I don't know if joe is known for being religious, but if the bat was obtained in the training facility, it is unlikely or not at all used in regular season games, right? I hope to hear back from the ebay seller and get to the bottom of it. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by vonbrandingo View Post
    Thank you. And many thanks to all who have contributed to this thread. I don't know if joe is known for being religious, but if the bat was obtained in the training facility, it is unlikely or not at all used in regular season games, right? I hope to hear back from the ebay seller and get to the bottom of it. Thanks again.
    in that article, the grandfather was a spring training and was complaining of chest pains. not sure the year tho of the article.

Grandpa Jake thinks his grandson will improve on the offensive side too. "When the Twins drafted Joe, I said he was going to be your next .400 hitter," he says. "Maybe not this year, but when he develops, and he sees different pitchers coming around and knows what the hell is going on, Joe Mauer is going to hit .400."

Thanks in part to Joe, Grandpa Jake may be around to see such a feat. While vacationing in Fort Myers, where the Twins hold spring training, in January, Grandpa Jake missed a tee time and complained of chest pains when he spoke with Jake Jr. When Joe and Jake III, who were staying at Joe's condo nearby, found out, they brought over the Twins' doctors, who persuaded Grandpa to go to the hospital. Within two hours Grandpa was undergoing emergency quadruple bypass surgery. "If it hadn't been for my grandsons, I would probably be passed away," says Grandpa. "They gave me another life."

I will leave it to all of you Mauer collectors to figure this out
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    in that article, the grandfather was a spring training and was complaining of chest pains. not sure the year tho of the article.

Grandpa Jake thinks his grandson will improve on the offensive side too. "When the Twins drafted Joe, I said he was going to be your next .400 hitter," he says. "Maybe not this year, but when he develops, and he sees different pitchers coming around and knows what the hell is going on, Joe Mauer is going to hit .400."

Thanks in part to Joe, Grandpa Jake may be around to see such a feat. While vacationing in Fort Myers, where the Twins hold spring training, in January, Grandpa Jake missed a tee time and complained of chest pains when he spoke with Jake Jr. When Joe and Jake III, who were staying at Joe's condo nearby, found out, they brought over the Twins' doctors, who persuaded Grandpa to go to the hospital. Within two hours Grandpa was undergoing emergency quadruple bypass surgery. "If it hadn't been for my grandsons, I would probably be passed away," says Grandpa. "They gave me another life."

I will leave it to all of you Mauer collectors to figure this out

so perhaps the concern for his grandpa was the reason for the inscription.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:AAQ:US:1123

Heres the auction. Its doesnt state that he obtained it in spring training, but I was told that by him through emails about the item when it was active. You have my word on that.
    The seller batbyproducts responsed to my query and said he acquired it along with other bats when Mauer was at the Ft. Myers complex for a short rehab. Andy Benish told me the same thing today. Thanks for bringing this up.

By the way, throughout all of this and in my past dealings with Andy Benish, he has been a professional and a pleasure to work with. Now I need to think it over and decide whether I want to keep this bat as it was (most likely) used not just in regular season games.