Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: "JCMS" inscription on Mauer gamer

I have also owned and handled several and have never seen it either. I find it hard to believe that he would do it to one random bat.

Quote Originally Posted by vonbrandingo View Post
    No I cannot, and if by Andy you mean Andy Benish, this is probably the same bat since I bought it from him. I asked him and he doesn't know what the "JCMS" stands for either. It has "32.5 Mauer" written on the knob so I hope it's Mauer's bat. If not, I'll be very upset because I paid good money for it.
    Does the bat have his name on the barrell or just the knob? You provide only a photo of the center label. You seem unsure that its Mauer bat.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

I saw the bat in question on Ebay. It is a Mauer Issued bat. Its specifications are correct. Knob stampings, name on barrel, etc. What is in question, is that Mauer has not put that on any of his other bats that we know of. So it is believed that this bat may have been used by someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by MLB_Authentic View Post
    I saw the bat in question on Ebay. It is a Mauer Issued bat. Its specifications are correct. Knob stampings, name on barrel, etc. What is in question, is that Mauer has not put that on any of his other bats that we know of. So it is believed that this bat may have been used by someone else.
    Thanks for the clarification.

Just curious. Any photos of Mauer swinging a bat on Father's Day? Seem like a single day event.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

The bat is a 08 bat and was more than likely used in spring training as the seller obtained it from the Fort Myers Training Complex, so that doesnt jive either.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    Thanks for the clarification.

Just curious. Any photos of Mauer swinging a bat on Father's Day? Seem like a single day event.

Here are good pictures of it taken by Andy Benish. It's a nice bat showing heavy use. Yes, the question is whether someone other than Joe wrote JCMS on it and used it.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by MLB_Authentic View Post
    The bat is a 08 bat and was more than likely used in spring training as the seller obtained it from the Fort Myers Training Complex, so that doesnt jive either.
    Do you have evidence stating that this bat was obtained in the Training Complex (i.e. the seller's written account of it)?

The listing on ebay is past the amount of time they keep them in the completed listings, but I specifically remember him stating thats where he obtained it. His ebay username is batbyproducts

What is the batch number?
    Always looking for Jack Hannahan or St. Paul Saints gamers:

www.jackhannahan.webs.com

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:AAQ:US:1123

Heres the auction. Its doesnt state that he obtained it in spring training, but I was told that by him through emails about the item when it was active. You have my word on that.