Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: Mac admits using steroids...

It will now be interesting to see if that raises or lowers his 2010 23.7% HOF vote percentage.

sCs
    Following Game Used/Worn auctions and team sales: www.twitter.com/gameused

I applaud Big Mac for coming clean. I think in time America will forgive those who tell the truth, and his voting numbers will spike upward.

Its kind of interesting he admitted this right after the halll of fame vote. In addition he came fully clean, saying he used throughout his career. Not like someathlete's who said I used for a short period or only once. I think this will hurt his HOF chances, because he said he used throughout his career.

He should of done it awhile back, but at least he did it probably because of his coaching position and wants to get it off his chest before the start of the season.

The worst kept secret in America is now finally revealed. Good for Mac. Loved him when he was with the A's.

I wonder how much longer Bonds, Clemens, et al will keep up their charade...

As a STL fan and a baseball fan I was happy for him to come clean....anyone who did not think he used is very naive...he was already assumed guilty as he practically admitted guilt by not denying in front of congres....This was the best thing he could have done for himself and hopefully it can turn positive for him.

He gave us a lot of memories and we have to as fans understand that steroids were part of the game..we must mark it down in history as the steroid era which baseball itself turned a blind eye to and move forward...put everyone in the Hall that deserves based on their impact on the game and their stats/accomplishments with the understanding that everyone who played during the era could be subject to questions regarding PED's....we have no way of knowing who did and did not use before the testing.

Baseball's history are full of cheaters and given the chance those who played in a different era very likely would have taken any and everything to help them play longer....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2007 View Post
    The worst kept secret in America is now finally revealed. Good for Mac. Loved him when he was with the A's.

I wonder how much longer Bonds, Clemens, et al will keep up their charade...

Clemens will probably take it to the grave! LOL

I didn't want to believe he was using,But I'm glad he came out and told the truth..Time well tell if he gets in the HOF.

BTW if anyone wants to unload their MAC stuff feel free to contact me and I'm sure we can work out something

Carlie

carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

God bless you Mark. I hope you, and the fans, find healing in this admission.

Rick
    rickjlucas@gmail.com