Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: Need Advice ASAP Ebay/Paypal Buyer Switched Items

Here is what I would do: Immediately close your Paypal and the bank account linked to it. Take your money to a different bank. Do not accept the return if it comes return it immediately. If you let that money out of your account you will never see it again. The legal process is nice but lets face it you will never see your money again you can win a lawsuit but collecting it is another matter entirely. When I first became an attorney I practiced collection law and saw the great lengths people go to avoid paying judgments and if you have to bring in a debt collector that take a 1/3 of what they collect usually. Then as someone suggested have her arrested for mail fraud.

My suggestion would be to write the buyer and let them know that you are concerned that they claim some items went missing by the time that they received the package and that you will be contacting the USPS to have an investigation open (write eBay and PayPal and tell them the same thing).

Then, contact your local Postmaster and let them know what is going on as well.

See how the seller reacts - Mail Fraud is a Felony (Fraud in General is a Felony) and the few times I've had buyers try to scam me, as soon as I mentioned a Postal Inspector getting involved to investigate for Fraud, the buyers have all changed their tunes.

Most scammers don't like being questioned by someone with the power to throw them in jail.

Just my .02

- Chris

Banned

1) You cannot close your PayPal account if there is a complaint active against you.

2) The USPS Inspectors will not do anything unless it involves a very high dollar item, as in high four figures, or it involves a continuous criminal enterprise. They don't have the funding, manpower, or time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sammy View Post
    1) You cannot close your PayPal account if there is a complaint active against you.

2) The USPS Inspectors will not do anything unless it involves a very high dollar item, as in high four figures, or it involves a continuous criminal enterprise. They don't have the funding, manpower, or time.
    Did not know that but if there is no money in that account or the linked bank account it does not matter if they will not close it. I agree that the inspectors will not jump to investigate a $1,000 case but I doubt this is the first time she has done this or the last (for all we know she could do this every week and have ripped off $100s of 1,000s of dollars) there could already be a complaint against her.

Banned

What a joke. Paypal has granted the lady the full refund once the items are returned. We all know she is NOT going to return the items that where actually sent. We are taking this Barbie lady to the wall on this one.

I do not wanna close my account and can't while a dispute is opened PLUS as soon as she opened the dispute they held the amount the dispute was for)

So all in all Ebay/PayPal and the lady are commiting fraud are they not ?

My wife has sold stuff on Ebay since it was basically up and going (1996) and has had the same user id and has NEVER recieved a negative in 13 years. This other lady has been a member for 1 year.

Banned

Sorry to hear this Lokee. Sadly, this is not a rare occurance with Ebay/PayPal. I'll say again, this is why I refuse to use PayPal when buying/selling on Ebay.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lokee View Post
    What a joke. Paypal has granted the lady the full refund once the items are returned. We all know she is NOT going to return the items that where actually sent. We are taking this Barbie lady to the wall on this one.

I do not wanna close my account and can't while a dispute is opened PLUS as soon as she opened the dispute they held the amount the dispute was for)

My wife has sold stuff on Ebay since it was basically up and going (1996) and has had the same user id and has NEVER recieved a negative in 13 years. This other lady has been a member for 1 year.

I WENT THROUGH THE SAME EXACT THING ! I mentioned this earlier in the thread about the scumbag sending me the broken glass from the framed jersey! He retained the item AND got his money back. It's a freakin joke, The buyer holds all the cards. UNBELIEVABLE ! I can't believe the same thing happened to you !

Banned

I too have quit using screwyoupal, because as a seller I have absolutely no protection with this company against low life thieves, scammers, or just plain jerkoffs.

They always, after their independent and unbiased investigation, , find for the buyer in any dispute.

Fleabay is a cesspool company, and they continuously screw the very people who made them so big, the sellers.

I have switched to the other credit card companies that are offered on fleabay. A list of these companies are shown in this thread if you want to quit getting screwed by fleabay and it's little sister, screwyoupal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokee View Post

What a horrible situation. I'm so sorry to hear about this.
    Please don't give up on this, especially if you have auctions where she was selling the exact same barbie clothes she's claiming she never received.

I would suggest as others that you tell her (calmly) that you're contacting her local police department as well as the postmaster.

Lastly, I play poker and there's a move no one has mentioned but you'd have to act fast BEFORE she sends back the items. It's a bluff. Tell her you've had problems in the past with similar items you've sold on eBay so now you use an invisible pen to mark all items. This insignia you put on all items (clothes included) can only be seen under a special blacklight, etc. (Or something similar). Tell her that you know you sent the items correctly, and when the items come back WITHOUT these markings, you'll be pursuing federal mail fraud charges which are a felony. This will be easy to prove. Again, you never did this, but she doesn't know this so it's worth a shot as a bluff.

I personally wouldn't even try to close my paypal account and unlink my bank account even if I could. It not only looks like you might be the one doing the scam, but also, you'd then never be able to use paypal for your own purchases in the future. (Possibly a good thing, but I'd still want the option on my own terms and not because of this criminal who is pulling a scam.)

In any event, but of luck to you on this.

Banned

Like I previously said in this thread, I dealt with an almost identical situation.

You need to do THREE things:

1.) Don't accept any return package from this lady. You might get an empty box like I did(minus the broken glass LOL). Then you'll give her leverage, and she'll say she sent it back to you.

2.) Provide any proof you can for PayPal, and don't take NO for an answer.

3.) Move most of the money in your Bank Account associated with your PayPal Account somewhere else.