Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: Need Advice ASAP Ebay/Paypal Buyer Switched Items

There are three other credit card processing companies that you can pick from to receive payments. These companies are posted on eBay and anyone can sign up. One of the companies require you to be a PowerSeller first. The other two do not.

If you are sick of PayPal, which many are, cancel your account and sign up for one of the others. Buyers still use a credit card so they have protection against fraud.

Here is a link to these companies.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/accepted-payments-policy.html

The less money I have to give fleabay and screwyoupal, the better.

Banned

The less money I have to give fleabay and screwyoupal, the better.[/QUOTE]

Dude, I like your style ! Love those nicknames for them !

Every time I get paid thru PayPal, I transfer the money to my bank account. From what I understand, they cannot go into your bank account or credit card.

I also get sig confirm on everything I sell.
    looking for Phillies GU bats

Banned

Neal,

You need to read the very fine print in screwyoupal's rules.

They can and will go into your bank account via an electronic check to steal any money they think you owe them, and your bank will let them. Plus, screwyoupal will not give you any notice until you find out your account has been wiped out.

They will do it until they get the money or you close the account. In the meantime, you get charged the bank fees if there isn't enough money in there.

Banned

thanks for everyone's help on this issue. Let's hope that justice will prevail !

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sammy View Post
    Neal,

You need to read the very fine print in screwyoupal's rules.

They can and will go into your bank account via an electronic check to steal any money they think you owe them, and your bank will let them. Plus, screwyoupal will not give you any notice until you find out your account has been wiped out.

They will do it until they get the money or you close the account. In the meantime, you get charged the bank fees if there isn't enough money in there.

He's exactly right ! They are legal thieves ! And they do it because we sign our rights away.

I believe there is currently a cumulative limit to what you can buy on Paypal via credit card. I want to say it's $2000. I think once you reach that, you are forced to register a bank account. I'd make it a Paypal only bank account. Unless they make you register a bank account right from the start now?

If you joined Paypal way back when, there is no limit and you can pay via CC as long as you like. At least this is what a Paypal rep told me on the phone a few years back. No limit, $10,000 & $2000 were the limits, depending on when one joined.

Banned

I've only read the opening post, but I will say this. Regardless of Ebay's so called new "rules" citing that you can ONLY pay with PayPal (so that they can fill their greedy pockets even more), this kind of stuff is the main reason why I DO NOT use PayPal (with Ebay). Too many thieves and shady people always trying to find a way to scam. In the past, I've lost several thousand to fraudulent chargebacks, disputes and such. Never again. Either I pay with a check/money order, or I don't buy it.

Btw, I do have a PayPal account. It's used in only the rarest of situations and only with those that I trust. I do not use it in conjunction with Ebay.

Banned

If you want to stop using PayPal for your eBay auctions, these three credit card processing companies are also used on eBay.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Moneybookers

http://www.moneybookers.com/app/

Propay

https://www.propay.com/ebay/eAuctionSignupInfo.aspx

Paymate

http://www.paymate.com/cms/index.php/ebaycom-payments

Quote Originally Posted by beavisrules View Post
    I would recommend alerting the buyer that you will contacting her local police department and the postmaster general and asking them to investigate her for fraud, and that you intend to press criminal charges to the letter of the law. Would also mention that you may also file a civil suit against her as well for any funds she takes back from you + court fees + expenses for your time spent in this endeavour. Would also suggest you disconnect your bank account from your paypal account now (they can not authorize a charge back on your credit card without your consent). I think the criminal investigation for fraud may get the buyer's attention. Don't waste your time with ebay and paypal stating your case - I speak from experience here. I had a buyer buy a jersey from me via paypal with a stolen credit card. The buyer ended up with the jersey; I got nothing except the finger from paypal as they quickly removed the money from my account. I asked ebay to, at minimum, suspend the person's ebay account - they said they'd look into it, but never did.
    There you go. Unfortunately you are dealing with a criminal act it appears.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500