Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Ticket stub collectors???

Quote Originally Posted by jwasserman View Post
    try ebay seller 'buckner'. if i remember correctly, his name is lenny. he has an incredible collection, is very reasonable and will hunt down your wantlist. most of my gooden tickets came from him- debut, 100th win, 1000 k, etc. good guy too
    Lenny (aka Buckner) is an awesome guy to deal with. He has helped me on a number of Cubs/Wrigley hard to find tickets and I was amazed at what the bottom line cost was per ticket (ex: "The Sandberg Game" of '84 -> $15).

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by NYCrulesU View Post
    Known about him for a few years. Extremely overpriced. Nice stubs, just insane prices.
    Agreeed! Insane is an understatement. I've seen this guy at the national and he has quality stuff but the prices are C-R-A-Z-Y.
    Russ - Always on the lookout for Jim Abbott, Team USA and Detroit Tigers GU.

Known about him for a few years. Extremely overpriced. Nice stubs, just insane prices.
    Agreeed! Insane is an understatement. I've seen this guy at the national and he has quality stuff but the prices are C-R-A-Z-Y.
    Russ - Always on the lookout for Jim Abbott, Team USA and Detroit Tigers GU.

I have been collecting Thome stubs for awhile now. As I stated before. I have about 512 out of the 564 HR tix I need. I use a variety of different sources. A big portion of them were obtained
    through Lenny . Including #1. I go through ebay daily. As well as
    various avenues. I have yet to contact Chicago tix. As I believe them to be a bit expensive. I believe they want a big fee to even
    just to look for any tix. Crazy !
    Roger Ward- Thomecollector
    thomecollector@verizon.net

Banned

I love milestone full, unused, mint cond. tickets from Rafael Palmeiro. I have his 500th hr ticket. I need his 3000th hit ticket (7/15/2005 Bal at Sea). I would love to find his MLB debut ticket (9/8/86 Phil at Chi).

nationals2k9, not looking to hijack and hope you don't mind. I just didn't think my search required a thread of it's own. If you don't mind, maybe we could just have this thread for ticket stub wants?
    NYC- This would look awesome along with your Palmeiro items. I took the photo and then had Raffy sign it. Later, my uncle from Seattle picked up a full game ticket from 07/15/05 when I asked him to do me a favor.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Dennis Jose is the guy behind Chicago Tix. Also very friendly and helpful. Some of his prices for the major milestone tix are a tad high but bargains can be had. I picked up a Game 6, 1975 WS stub from him for $35.

He does charge a fee for searches for lesser games. HOWEVER, that money is applied to your purchase. I had him do a search for me and he came up empty. 6 months later he called to remind me I had a $50 credit still with him. Definitely an honest guy who knows his stuff.

For a while, he was also the grader behind PSA's ticket encapulation. I don't know if he's still doing it.

You really can't go wrong by going with Lenny or Dennis.

Banned

BaseballGM, please email me with asking price. Thanks.

Where is a good place to look for ordinary ticket stubs? I'd like to start buying those from games Jonny Gomes had home runs in (along with those from a couple other significant games), but it's not as if that's a major selling point for people listing tickets.

Ebay is where I find a bunch of tix.
    Roger Ward- Thomecollector
    thomecollector@verizon.net

Quote Originally Posted by thomecollector View Post
    Ebay is where I find a bunch of tix.
    What's a good way to search, though? Considering there are most of the 30 teams involved across 76 different days (for home runs alone), searching could get really, really tedious.