Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Re: Did I deserve this?

Quote Originally Posted by jobathenut View Post
    Before the grammer police come and get me.I am sorry for the run-on sentences.I forget sometimes that you get graded on forums.
    Joba - of course, I am always cringing at grammar issues - but you, my friend have a lifetime pass with me.
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I was interested in a couple of jersey before. He is rude. Not very friendly at all

I agree with most. This guy seems to be a pain to deal with, and like someone else said "I'd hate to deal with him if the item had issues when in hand). I can't recall ever dealing with him, but he has many jerseys that I would love to purchase. However, the combination of the blurry photos (might have worked 10 years ago but even my piece of junk cell phone takes better photos than those) and rude verbage in listings, makes me think twice. Now the comments that he has been known to alter uniforms is particularly alarming.
    "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

BIGTRUCK-I am honored,what did i do to deserve a lifetime pass with you?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtruck260 View Post
    Joba - of course, I am always cringing at grammar issues - but you, my friend have a lifetime pass with me.

I hate to take the other side on this as you guys have all ganged up on and bashed this seller.But i just went on there and the seller is a top rated seller.I mean they joined in 98 and still has 100% feedbacks.So the poeple that have bought from them don't seem to have the same problem with thier items.Maybe they take it as a insult being asked questions about thier items.That you should just assume what they are selling is authticate saying they have perfect feedback.I mean you would think by now if someone who bought their item had a question about it there would be a comment to it in thier feedback and there isnt from what i read.You guys can all gang up on me like you have them.But i think they just feel they should'nt be questions about a jerseys they are selling for under $200.I understand your questions and they are good ones.That whole game issued and game worn debate.And if a person who rides the bench is still considered game worn as they did where it during a game.They just didnt play in the actual game.I am just thinking why this person might have that rude reaction to your questions.I don't know why the person can not just be nice about ansewering the questions but some people get upset and take it as you are implying that thier items are not authentic when you ask them questions about thier items.
    Seller may take offense to the questioning but regardless what a terrible way to go about selling items. A kind response would likely not push away eventual sales and then this conversation would not even be taking place.

By his response he is not only losing that potential sale but by word of mouth he has hurt potential sales for all who read the rude response he gave to a normal email. I know I won't consider him now and I am sure others will reconsider as well....Just a terrible way to do business.

Banned

I know I won't buy from him, ever. No need to be an ass to customers who are asking a genuinely honest question.

Joba - In game used (because that's what we are talking about), if a seller gets offended by someone asking a question about an item for sale, the seller should seriously rethink the line of work he's in.

Ask anyone here that's offered me items for sale, I ask a TON of questions. It's no way a knock on the seller, I'm just thorough. I want to know, to the best of my ability, that the item I am spending my hard earned money on is legit. I don't care how "big" the seller, any seller, thinks he is in this hobby. I ask the questions that will help me feel confident in the piece I am buying. No answer? Rude answer? No sale. It's fairly simple.

[Ask anyone here that's offered me items for sale, I ask a TON of questions. It's no way a knock on the seller, I'm just thorough. I want to know, to the best of my ability, that the item I am spending my hard earned money on is legit. I don't care how "big" the seller, any seller, thinks he is in this hobby. I ask the questions that will help me feel confident in the piece I am buying. No answer? Rude answer? No sale. It's fairly simple.[/quote]

This is how it SHOULD be.
    Always buying David Justice items

I have not seen this rude side of this seller in my past contacts, but it did seem like he could easily arrange ("make"?) any player's jersey I was interested in. I checked him on Ebay and saw that he had more than a few blanks listed. That alone was enough to steer me the other way.

On his reply, most people who get overly defensive when questions are doing so because they are hiding something. I see this all of the time in policework and it's one of many ways we can tell when people are lying to us.

The selling off the collection Otismalibu mentioned is similar to the stores that are having going out of business sales ever three months and are still there.

Just remember to trust your gut feeling on any jersey and any seller.

Banned

I hate to take the other side on this as you guys have all ganged up on and bashed this seller.But i just went on there and the seller is a top rated seller.I mean they joined in 98 and still has 100% feedbacks.So the poeple that have bought from them don't seem to have the same problem with thier items.Maybe they take it as a insult being asked questions about thier items.That you should just assume what they are selling is authticate saying they have perfect feedback.I mean you would think by now if someone who bought their item had a question about it there would be a comment to it in thier feedback and there isnt from what i read.You guys can all gang up on me like you have them.But i think they just feel they should'nt be questions about a jerseys they are selling for under $200.I understand your questions and they are good ones.That whole game issued and game worn debate.And if a person who rides the bench is still considered game worn as they did where it during a game.They just didnt play in the actual game.I am just thinking why this person might have that rude reaction to your questions.I don't know why the person can not just be nice about ansewering the questions but some people get upset and take it as you are implying that thier items are not authentic when you ask them questions about thier items.
    The #1 rule for buying game used items is to ask questions.
    If you cant answer a question with out being a jerk. Then why should
    I buy from you.
    It's just like buying from anywhere else. If you get rude service then you take your business somewhere else.

Guys i agree with all of you.That being rude in ansewering questions about your items is not very good customer service.Even if we are talking about on ebay.I was just saying what that person might take offense to.And that would explain why if they did respond so rude like that.Maybe they took it as "why are you questioning my item".I have had the same things happen to me when i used to be on ebay.Back when i was buying autograph items on there (and like all of you) i ask questions if i had a doubt.And sometimes i got the same rude comments back at me.And i have even got them as a seller also of autographs.I mean have'nt you guys ever got tired of someone asking questions,or maybe get upset that someone is questioning your item.I know its not what you say,but how you say it.And this seller just does'nt know how to respond correctly.And to ansewer the question-no you did'nt deserve it to me.But maybe the seller read your comments in a different way.And you guys might think this is a bad way to do buisness but seeing thier feedback they don't seem to hurting thier buisness.