Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Did I deserve this?

Banned

HONESTLY I can understand that the guy is rude and plenty of people are.

What you guys are missing (or at least not commenting on) is he OPENLY said he strips the jerseys and changes them to more popular players.

That would be enough for me and would be MORE of a concern than him being rude.

I am really glad to find all this out. I thought he had something personally against me, but seems he is a jerk to everyone.

The thing is he does have some legit stuff, he used to be a huge player in game used, if there was a game used jersey on ebay he would buy it. There are some of his items i totally question and know are fake. And i know he is in this as a business, i see a lot of things in major auction houses that end up back in his ebay auctions...not sure if he wins or he is the consignor....but when ever i see questionable items in these auction houses i personally assume he is the consignor....ie the bad George Gervin and the bad Dr J.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

34SWTNS-This is a forum for your thoughts about things.And i was just expressing mine.I know what you saying about people "just doing it to pick a fight".But that was not what i was doing.I really was trying to see that persons point of view on why they might be rude like that.I am sorry if my thoughts upset you.I was not defending them as theere is none for being rude and it was uncalled for to be like that.I am sorry that my post was the one that put you over the edge like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    Stop wasting your time typing. There's no defending that guy......at all.

Joba, this is not directed solely at you, (you've had many positive and informative posts in the past but this one just put me over the edge of the cliff I've been standing at for a few weeks now). This is directed to all the people who just can't resist the urge to find an argument where their simply is none:
    I'll never understand why some people feel the need to take up a worthless cause. Don't waste your time and put yourself out there at the risk of making yourself look like an argumentative fool just for the sake of arguing with someone. You're not doing yourself any favors and you're certainly not casting the positive "I see both sides" spin on yourself that you think you are. Especially when the subject is simply cut and dry, open and shut.
    Honestly, there are people on this and every forum who do nothing but troll posts looking for something to argue about, regardless of how ridiculous there view might have to be in order to meet this end. From defending crazy people's rights to spend ridiculous amounts of money on things that those of us with common sense would never do to defending someone's right to act like a total a-hole towards their customers.
    You can pretend to be the "I go to bat for everybody" guy all you want, but know this......... You are defending FOOLS and therefore making yourself look foolish.
    So, I'm asking the 10 per cent of you here who seem to have a tendency to do this quite often.....pick your battles. And choose them wisely. Because a lot of the battles you've been choosing result in the other 90 per cent of us rolling our eyes and shaking our heads. Ask yourself, "is this opinion that I have going to make me look stupid to most paeople if I throw it out there......have I completely thought this through.......does the view I'm about to espouse fly in the face of common sense"? If the answer to any of those questions is 'yes' regarding something you're about to type then back away from the keyboard. Save some face, your reputation and a little dignity. Don't take up lost causes, you're not helping anyone and least of all, yourself.

BIGTRUCK-I am honored,what did i do to deserve a lifetime pass with you?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtruck260 View Post
    Joba - of course, I am always cringing at grammar issues - but you, my friend have a lifetime pass with me.

[Ask anyone here that's offered me items for sale, I ask a TON of questions. It's no way a knock on the seller, I'm just thorough. I want to know, to the best of my ability, that the item I am spending my hard earned money on is legit. I don't care how "big" the seller, any seller, thinks he is in this hobby. I ask the questions that will help me feel confident in the piece I am buying. No answer? Rude answer? No sale. It's fairly simple.[/quote]

This is how it SHOULD be.
    Always buying David Justice items

I have not seen this rude side of this seller in my past contacts, but it did seem like he could easily arrange ("make"?) any player's jersey I was interested in. I checked him on Ebay and saw that he had more than a few blanks listed. That alone was enough to steer me the other way.

On his reply, most people who get overly defensive when questions are doing so because they are hiding something. I see this all of the time in policework and it's one of many ways we can tell when people are lying to us.

The selling off the collection Otismalibu mentioned is similar to the stores that are having going out of business sales ever three months and are still there.

Just remember to trust your gut feeling on any jersey and any seller.

My Experience Has Been Like Most That Have Respond. Negative, Negative And More Negative. I Have Never Run Across A Guy Like Hoopstyle - I Real Piece Of Work!!

Banned

I've a got a couple good jerseys from him, but he THINKS he knows more than ANYBODY about NBA gamers because he gots lots of them. I tried to tell him that doesn't make him an expert and pissed him off. He's got bad jerseys mixed in with legit jerseys. Kindof like Blue Chip Sports. I know the Adrian Dantley Mav's jersey he has on the Bay is bad but he won't listen. Do your homework with this guy. He's way overpriced too. Just my 2 cents.

Hi guys - came across this thread - I know its been several years on this topic but has anyone been able to photomatch or authenticate a jersey that was game worn from this seller?