Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Chicks just don't understand!

Whats with chicks these days? When my girlfriend first walked into my room, the very first words that came out of her mouth slowly were....."OH......MY........GOD"..... and now she won't stop bugging me to sell everything so that (what she says) we can "get a house" with all the stuff I have................yeah right ........I told her that my addiction was as much as hers to make-up but she still doesn't get it and wants me to sell every single bit. I told her that when we get a house someday in the future, that I would put all of my stuff in the basement to make a sports room but she said that she'd rather throw everything out. Also, she keeps telling me how dumb I am about this broken bat that I have which someone offered me a few hundred dollars for (which I turned down) and she doesn't understand why I chose a broken bat over $300. Chicks just don't get it!

Re: Chicks just don't understand!

Its a tough problem buddy That is why they say men are from Mars and women are from Venus.
    Good Luck

"..so that (what she says) we can "get a house..""

a house in this market? doesn't she know the ARMs haven't really begun to start poppin'?

is she pressuring you to one of those no doc/no down/interest only deals? she's probably been watching too much russ whitney.

rudy.

Oh they never get it either. On a daily basis, my GF always pesters me about it and how selling a few items could pay for our vacation (aparently she's not into going to the National in Cleveland as a vacation! I actually try not to discuss the hobby with her anymore as it tends to do more harm than good. In all fairness however, she DID buy me two game worn jerseys for valentines day last year so as I see it, she is only contributing to the madness!!!

I'm not telling you what to do but you know how rare some pieces of GU memoribilia are and well, quite frankly there are alot of other fish in the sea!

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post
    "..so that (what she says) we can "get a house..""

a house in this market? doesn't she know the ARMs haven't really begun to start poppin'?

is she pressuring you to one of those no doc/no down/interest only deals? she's probably been watching too much russ whitney.

rudy.
    lmao!

Kyle....run ...run away....run away fast...run away fast and don't look back!

You're in for a long prison term, my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    Whats with chicks these days? When my girlfriend first walked into my room, the very first words that came out of her mouth slowly were....."OH......MY........GOD"..... and now she won't stop bugging me to sell everything so that (what she says) we can "get a house" with all the stuff I have................yeah right ........I told her that my addiction was as much as hers to make-up but she still doesn't get it and wants me to sell every single bit. I told her that when we get a house someday in the future, that I would put all of my stuff in the basement to make a sports room but she said that she'd rather throw everything out. Also, she keeps telling me how dumb I am about this broken bat that I have which someone offered me a few hundred dollars for (which I turned down) and she doesn't understand why I chose a broken bat over $300. Chicks just don't get it!
    Ask her what one of her tubes of lipstick and mascara would fetch on the open market. After all, if you're dating, there shouldn't be any need to smear yourself up with that junk...

At least you're dealing with something tangible though. Given the choice between blowing money on a product that gets used up like a wife or something that remains like gold, silver, or jerseys, what's it going to be?

Kyle:
    IIRC, aren't you still in high school? All girlfriend positions should be considered as part-time/temporary until you're at least 25...better yet, 30!
    BTW, if she's talking about you two buying a house the first time she sees your room, she isn't looking at you as part time help!

I didn't meet my wife until I was 35, and she was 27. Twelve years later, we're still together, and the founding phrase of our relationship still applies:
    OK, whatever! (BTW, she doesn't get the hobby, either...another great reason to maintain separate, as well as joint, accounts!

You gotta cut that one loose brother!

Any woman who can't accept you and your hobbies isn't worth having and will only get worse in time.