Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Guys, is market inundated with Arod bats???

Quote Originally Posted by STLHAMMER32 View Post
    let us not forget he was one that denied and lied numerous times. The story he gave is very suspicious and probably still not the whole truth obviously. That being said look how well the "apology/confession" worked. People no longer question the validity of what was said and how he lied numerous times about it in the first place!

A-Rod addressed the issue and most moved on even to the point of fans saying he "manned" up to it. You have to wonder why more guys don't get this advice. A-Rod was fortunate to address media when guy like Clemens looked arrogant denying use when it more than obvious the guy was guilty.
    I agree. It's not like it's known that only 5 or 6 players used roids. Many, many players did. I wish everyone would be uncovered. Sad that only some have to be held accountable for it.

Look at McGwire. When he's back, it will start all over for him. It's not like we all don't what he did it.

Regards, Tony
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Quote Originally Posted by CampWest View Post
    They should all take the Andy Pettitte route. "Yes I did, I did it for this reason. I was wrong to have justified it. I exercised bad judgement and it will never happen again. I apologize to my family, friends, teammates, the organization, major league baseball and above all else, the fans and God." - paraphrasing here, but you get the idea.

Andy seems like a genuine person. You could see the guy was sincere and I think that really sat well with almost all fans. I have yet to hear anyone bash the guy and I don't think anyone doubted his story. Andy showed everyone how it should be handled you are 100% right.

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    I agree. It's not like it's known that only 5 or 6 players used roids. Many, many players did. I wish everyone would be uncovered. Sad that only some have to be held accountable for it.

Look at McGwire. When he's back, it will start all over for him. It's not like we all don't what he did it.

Regards, Tony

McGwire is a guy who I have kind of supported through this. I argue this with people who insist McGwire is a coward and handled it horribly etc etc....

Mac was one of the first accused and he was the "big name". Unlike Palmeiro who wagged his finger and stared into the eyes of congress while lying...I think Mac was advised there could be some legal issues involved and you are going to be asked who, what, where and why if you do admit to use. I truly felt that Mac was more concerned about ratting out teammates and hurting friends then his own image. By saying he was not there to talk about the past....it let us know yes it is true otherwise he would have denied it but he was not going to become the target of everyone and pressured to detail the use of friends.

It was poorly handled and worded from a PR standpoint but I feel Mac was concerned about others getting involved...guys like palmeiro stared at congress and lied, guys like Canseco ratted out his teammates who were bigger names to sell books and get back at baseball..Guys like Clemens through his friends and family under the bus even putting the blame on his wife for the drugs.....just unbelievable and selfish.

I hope Mac gets a second chance to make things right. He knows now he is not the only involved and now fans know that it was a huge problem in baseball with many involved. I hope he talks about it at least so he can gain some respect back, he deserves it in my opinion.