Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Gloves on Ebay - Soriano collectors....

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    joelsabi - A further point, I believe the glove on eBay is Sori's 2nd baseman's glove while the one you showed I believe is his outfielder's glove.
    gotcha. the mzp40 model is an infielders model glove as advertise on glove stores on the internet.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Joel, Andrew,

I have sent another email to Mizuno about when the gold stamping stopped. They told me initially that they stopped stamping in gold because of problems with "flaking and running issues" they no longer stamp in gold.
    After they confirm when they stopped using the gold stamp, I will post the response. I have posted pictures of Sori in 2004-2005 with a glove that has the gold stamp, so I can only guess they stopped after that time. I also posted pics of my Sori 2B glove that is the same style as the ebay glove minus the gold stamp, and white outter palm lining (mine is black). I believe it is no doubt a 2B glove, but no way from the Yankees.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    gotcha. the mzp40 model is an infielders model glove as advertise on glove stores on the internet.
    Joel,

in addition, Mizuno indicated that there is no difference between a pro players glove, and a glove Gounod I could buy except for the embroidered name. I will post the complete email later tonight.

Mark

Crap, iPhone buttons are too small for my fingers. It should read, there is no difference between a pro glove and one you or I could buy aside from the embroidered name

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by markize View Post
    Joel, Andrew,

I have sent another email to Mizuno about when the gold stamping stopped. They told me initially that they stopped stamping in gold because of problems with "flaking and running issues" they no longer stamp in gold.
    After they confirm when they stopped using the gold stamp, I will post the response. I have posted pictures of Sori in 2004-2005 with a glove that has the gold stamp, so I can only guess they stopped after that time. I also posted pics of my Sori 2B glove that is the same style as the ebay glove minus the gold stamp, and white outter palm lining (mine is black). I believe it is no doubt a 2B glove, but no way from the Yankees.

Mark
    just thinking off the top of my head. do you when the sunbird mizuno? is it for different models or for different production year range.

heres a 2001 non sunbird mizuno mzp 40 from another player. Jay Canizaro 2001

this is just on my research and may have no bearing but throwing it out there.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

just thinking off the top of my head. do you when the sunbird mizuno? is it for different models or for different production year range.

heres a 2001 non sunbird mizuno mzp 40 from another player. Jay Canizaro 2001

this is just on my research and may have no bearing but throwing it out there.
    opps sorry no editting. do you know when the sunbird mizuno logo was used on the front of the fielding glove. i have seen both logos on soriano gloves.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com

front of glove.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com

opps sorry no editting. do you know when the sunbird mizuno logo was used on the front of the fielding glove. i have seen both logos on soriano gloves.
    Joel,

not sure when the logos changed, but that glove doesn't have the gold stamp so depending on Mizuno's response, I would guess after 2004-2005.

Mark

front of glove.
    Joel,

again, with the exception of the gold stamp, my Sori glove has the same 3D logo inside, although it is very faded. I'll try to post picturess later when I get home.

Mark

This looks like a Wilson glove during Spring Training.

Name:  soriano.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  42.3 KB
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500